5.  Eastern Washington 121
6. Idaho State 121
7. Montana State 92
8.  Sacramento State  78
9. Portland State 69
10. Northern Colorado 54
11. Northern Arizona 40
12. Southern Utah 30

Grand Forks Herald listed Bryce Cashman was arrested for DUI on consecutive days in Sept., 2016.  I believe that is what got him kicked off the BB team.  Don't know if he wil be allowed to come back.  Use 16/17 as his Redshirt year and would still have 2 years left.

38 minutes ago, UND92 said:

Grand Forks Herald listed Bryce Cashman was arrested for DUI on consecutive days in Sept., 2016.  I believe that is what got him kicked off the BB team.  Don't know if he wil be allowed to come back.  Use 16/17 as his Redshirt year and would still have 2 years left.

He had 2 DUI's this spring/summer. Within 2 months of each other. Are you stating he got 2 more in Sep?

Opportunity to see what Jones (and probably Q) and Brewster (and ?) have to say about the upcoming season:

The Big Sky Conference’s basketball season will tip off in an entirely new way for the 2016-17 season.

For the first time ever, the conference will engage in a digital media event, to promote the start of the upcoming Big Sky Conference men’s and women’s basketball seasons.

Fans of the University of North Dakota can watch their favorite team at 11 a.m. on Thursday, Oct. 20.

The event will continue over the next two days with other teams throughout the Big Sky.

The media event will be streamed on www.WatchBigSky.com, from each campus site, and will include the head coach of each program in the league, along with a student-athlete from each program. Additionally, a conference call element will be integrated into the event, so out-of-town media can ask questions of each program

1 hour ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Listening to Hooker on the Big Sky Media event, he seems like a really sharp kid and am glad to have a kid like him leading our squad this season.

I'm not sure you could find anyone that has a bad word about Q. Easily one of the most humble, appreciative and down to earth student athletes I've come across at UND. Regardless of who he is interacting with, kids or adults, he shows a genuine interest. He was an absolute steal on and off the court for Jones and company.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, jdub27 said:

I'm not sure you could find anyone that has a bad word about Q. Easily one of the most humble, appreciative and down to earth student athletes I've come across at UND. Regardless of who he is interacting with, kids or adults, he shows a genuine interest. He was an absolute steal on and off the court for Jones and company.

Good dude for sure!  Easy to cheer for. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, northernraider said:

Not much love in the national rankings for UND at 219.  Interestingly,  the write up was mostly a other the nickname process.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/duke-kentucky-kansas-top-cbs-sports-1-351-college-basketball-rankings/amp/?client=ms-android-verizon

"Will be the fourth- or fifth-best team in the Big Sky. But whatever. I'm still bothered by the fact that UND settled on "Fighting Hawks" as its nickname after bailing on "Fighting Sioux." You had NoDaks, Roughriders, Sundogs and North Stars there for the taking ... and went with the worst moniker of the bunch."

1. Bail on the Fighting Sioux name, UND had no choice.

2. Fighting Hawks is worse than Sundogs? 

This guy sucks as a sports writer.

Just got 5 tickets for my family for the UND-NDSU game inside their new SHAC. Not many tickets left, hopefully UND can welcome their new building with a big win. Tickets for the UND-NDSU game at the Betty goes on sale Tuesday Nov 1. Any idea how much a ticket is? NDSU sold tickets at 20 bucks a piece.

3 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

Is it safe to assume that NDSU is our only home D1 game?  There were some rumors that UND would add a game.

We probably don't have money to get another team in here, because we kept all of our sports.  Revenue sports will pay the price.

• Upvote 3

And that lone D1 game is NDSU which was a relatively late add on.  Not much of a reward to the players and fans of what could be a really great team.  I know they want money games but come on.  There has to be a way to get more than one  D1 nonconference game at home.  NDSU looks like they have 4 home games against D1 teams(if Waldorf is D1)  It seems like were promised  almost every year for a better  non conference schedule and it rarely happens.  Jones must not be a very good negotiator.

• Upvote 2

NDSU has 11 D-1 home games. They had to shell out a bunch of money to try to get a "name" game for the SHAC opener and ended up with Arkansas St.

UND has 10 D-1 home games. They had an agreement for one more home game in December and the other team backed out.

I think what concerned people was the lack of D1 non conference games.    Everyone knows we play more D1 games in the conference.  It is the early season non conference games that can help build excitement for the conference season.  There in is the concern.

• Upvote 2

I know what people's concern is, I have the same one. I was just pointing out the difference in total number of D-1 games because I think it is a fair point to raise. Since UND has 2 more conference games (meaning UND will always have 1 more guaranteed D-1 home game per year), it gives them 2 less games available to schedule OOC games. They still need to get their money games in plus they still need to bring in some lower level competition because they are good warm-up games and those are pretty much the only games that they are making money on at this point in time. There is a limit to how much you beg and money you can offer teams to Grand Forks. It isn't from lack of trying. You can't force the SD schools to sign home and homes when they only want to offer UND a token amount of money to come there and not return.