SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 Season

SWSiouxMN

A little investigatory work would reveal that ndsu's early season home non-conference  games are with Concordia, Ark St and Minn Morris.  SDSU's  early non-conference home games are with So Dak School of Mines, Wayne St of Nebraska and Minnesota-Crookston.  SDSU's tourney is being held in Sioux Falls, not Brookings.  While I agree that our non-conference home games suck so do theirs!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, sioux69 said:

A little investigatory work would reveal that ndsu's early season home non-conference  games are with Concordia, Ark St and Minn Morris.  SDSU's  early non-conference home games are with So Dak School of Mines, Wayne St of Nebraska and Minnesota-Crookston.  SDSU's tourney is being held in Sioux Falls, not Brookings.  While I agree that our non-conference home games suck so do theirs!

Stop with the rational reporting of facts. ;):D 

tumblr_mfv4lgEdoI1qfh938o1_500.gif

9 hours ago, sioux69 said:

Did you miss a handful of games by chance in your rational reporting?

9 hours ago, sioux69 said:

The grass is ALWAYS greener ..... for a lot of our Siouxsports friends. They mean well.

SDSU has 3 non-conference DI teams (UMKC, Idaho, Murray St) heading to Brookings PLUS 3 at Sioux Falls.

Ndsu has 3 non-conference DI teams (Arkansas St, Cal Davis, UND) heading to Fargo.

UND has 1 non-conference DI team (ndsu) coming to Grand Forks.

In fairness, our conference schedule (9 home games) brings in 1 more team than the Slummit schedule.

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

SDSU has 3 non-conference DI teams (UMKC, Idaho, Murray St) heading to Brookings PLUS 3 at Sioux Falls.

Ndsu has 3 non-conference DI teams (Arkansas St, Cal Davis, UND) heading to Fargo.

UND has 1 non-conference DI team (ndsu) coming to Grand Forks.

In fairness, our conference schedule (9 home games) brings in 1 more team than the Slummit schedule.

SDSU gets a nice bump this year from the Sanford Pentagon putting up money to host a tournament in Brookings and Nagy agreeing to bring his new team to Brookings Murray State returning a bracketbuster game from a few years back. I don't know how frequently the Pentagon will host games for SDSU, but it is a nice deal for them, even if it is an hour away. I'm not so sure Nagy's team will be frequenting Brookings, but maybe they will be able to get a few 2-1 or 3-1's in the future. Either way, good connection to have.

It is very likely UND will end up with 2 non-conference DI teams for a total of 11 D-1 home games, which would be exactly the same amount that NDSU has.

12 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

SDSU gets a nice bump this year from the Sanford Pentagon putting up money to host a tournament in Brookings and Nagy agreeing to bring his new team to Brookings. I don't know how frequently the Pentagon will host games for SDSU, but it is a nice deal for them, even if it is an hour away. I'm not so sure Nagy's team will be frequenting Brookings, but maybe they will be able to get a few 2-1 or 3-1's in the future. Either way, good connection to have.

It is very likely UND will end up with 2 non-conference DI teams for a total of 11 D-1 home games, which would be exactly the same amount that NDSU has.

Nagy went to Wright State, not Murray State.  Murray is finally making the return trip to Brookings this year as a result of the ESPN bracketbuster game that SDSU played a few years ago at Murray State.

USD will host Bowling Green from the MAC and 3 Big Sky teams this year (Montana, Montana State and Sacramento State).  Not sure why UND and USD have not matched up in men's hoops since the Great West days.

23 minutes ago, goyotes said:

Nagy went to Wright State, not Murray State.  Murray is finally making the return trip to Brookings this year as a result of the ESPN bracketbuster game that SDSU played a few years ago at Murray State.

USD will host Bowling Green from the MAC and 3 Big Sky teams this year (Montana, Montana State and Sacramento State).  Not sure why UND and USD have not matched up in men's hoops since the Great West days.

You're right, I'm not sure how I mixed that up. That does make sense on why that Murray State would be coming to Brookings though. The bracketbuster games were a good deal for the Dakota teams.

I had asked a similar question a few years back on why the teams hadn't played and I don't recall if there was a good answer. I don't know if the previous staffs couldn't figure something out but I'm surprised that with Smith at USD, they haven't played yet.

8 hours ago, darell1976 said:

The UND women have 4 OOC DI teams coming to the Betty. Coach Brewer must have won the powerball to find money for his program.

actually women teams get paid less then mens teams...smaller handle less pay....still good to get the games.   Idaho st. mens team getting 85K to play at Wisc.  UND would need to sell out at over 25 bucks a head to gross 85k.. What does UND offer D1teams ...10k? to play at Betty.  They probably pay the little sisters of the poor caliber teams 5k to play. Surprised UND mens team did not get more D1 road/money games on the schedule this year.... Should have been able to get a home and home with South Dakota which is playing 4 OOC games vs Big Sky Teams

7 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

actually women teams get paid less then mens teams...smaller handle less pay....still good to get the games.   Idaho st. mens team getting 85K to play at Wisc.  UND would need to sell out at over 25 bucks a head to gross 85k.. What does UND offer D1teams ...10k? to play at Betty.  They probably pay the little sisters of the poor caliber teams 5k to play. Surprised UND mens team did not get more D1 road/money games on the schedule this year.... Should have been able to get a home and home with South Dakota which is playing 4 OOC games vs Big Sky Teams

Nothing to back it up, but I'm starting to get the feeling the SD teams are attempting to freeze UND into joining the Slummit.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Sorry to change topics, but I haven't heard anything about a contract extension for Jones.  Is he not in his last year of his contract?  Would be odd to have a head coach go into a season on his last year of his contract.

Unless maybe they finally plan to release him at the end of the season. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Sorry to change topics, but I haven't heard anything about a contract extension for Jones.  Is he not in his last year of his contract?  Would be odd to have a head coach go into a season on his last year of his contract.

Doesn't every coach at a South Dakota univrrsity hsve one year contracts?

13 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

Devon Pekas....doubt if he is a player...maybe a volunteer helper....North Native James Richman no longer on roster

Thats what I would guess.  Probably some kind of student volunteer/coach role.  He played at Liberty so hes a vary good player himself