SiouxSports.com Forum

Women's tournament

sprig

8 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Nothing like the AD investing in hoops, like we all ask for, and then they both lose at home.  This game should be winnable.

And as I tend to do, spoke too early and was wrong.  Apologies to ladies.  Finish it off!  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, obborg said:

And that is how you win a game with rebounding.  Nice touch by Brewster to turn on a little press of our own just when GCU was getting tired.  Anyone know why Szabla was MIA for so much of the 2nd half, including crunch time?

Good question.  Would rather see her in there vs Knox.  Knox scares me against the press although admittedly did better against it tonight than previously this season.

So . . . are we really on board with referring to UND women's teams as the "Lady Hawks"?

I'm OK with this as long as we call every men's team the "Gentlemen Hawks."

Whenever I see "Lady" in front of a team nickname I always think it's a subtle way of telling people, "You're not the REAL team.  You're the ladies' team."  I know even teams like Tennessee does this with their women's basketball team and I think it's nonsense.

With that said, good luck to the Gentlemen Hawks hockey team tomorrow!  Good luck to Lady Hawks in their next game!

42 minutes ago, fighting sue said:

So . . . are we really on board with referring to UND women's teams as the "Lady Hawks"?

No. It sounds even worse than Fighting Hawks. And it isn't the 60s. Thank Cratter for starting that one. 

I'm also not on board with the Hang Ten Hawks the team has started doing. 

6 hours ago, dakotadan said:

No. It sounds even worse than Fighting Hawks. And it isn't the 60s. Thank Cratter for starting that one. 

I'm also not on board with the Hang Ten Hawks the team has started doing. 

Actually I stole it from broadcasters this year while listening to the lady hawks basketball games...:whistling: