SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC FROZEN FACEOFF - UND/SCSU/DU/UMD

AZSIOUX

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

WCHA Final Five:  #1 seed Sioux playing at 4:00 pm.  "Gopher conspiracy - we should be playing in prime-time!"

NCHC Frozen Face-Off:  #1 seed Sioux play at 4:00 pm.  "Totally the right call by UND so the boys can rest up."

:lol:

Ha.

It was the #4 and #5 teams who had the bigger complaint.

14 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Once you've lived in Denver, moving to Minneapolis is a hard sell.  Doubtful they have any fans within driving distance.

Don't have to move to Minneapolis to support your team.  There is no passion from the DU fan base.  My daughter is flying in from Denver for the games this weekend.  She attended Arizona State.  However she will be wearing Sioux green and I am positive will be out-cheering by herself the entire DU (all 12 of them) delegation.  Even the Sioux games in Denver have more UND fans than Pioneer fans.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

did you report him to the nchc so he could be tagged recorded and released back into the wild

Hatched in captivity (may have been from an egg), tagged b4 release. Had to use a Đenver clad dummy on a stick to artificially impregnate a female.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, fsioux said:

Don't have to move to Minneapolis to support your team.  There is no passion from the DU fan base.  My daughter is flying in from Denver for the games this weekend.  She attended Arizona State.  However she will be wearing Sioux green and I am positive will be out-cheering by herself the entire DU (all 12 of them) delegation.  Even the Sioux games in Denver have more UND fans than Pioneer fans.

to be fair, it's usually 12 Denver fans and a cowbell.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

So what do you guys think? Who takes home the conference tourney?

Four teams playing at very high levels. I am starting my blog tonight and I still haven't decided on my picks yet. Man, I cannot wait to watch these four games.

I am expecting the SCSU-DU game to be a real barn burner.  Hopefully it goes several overtimes.  Should be real entertaining, though the Sioux games should be as well.

19 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

So what do you guys think? Who takes home the conference tourney?

Four teams playing at very high levels. I am starting my blog tonight and I still haven't decided on my picks yet. Man, I cannot wait to watch these four games.

Im gonna say Duluth and Denver win Friday and we play St Cloud in the 3rd place game for chance at #1 seed in the West Regional.

• Downvote 1

We don't have the same level of incentive that Duluth has; they are fighting for their playoff lives, while we are almost assured of getting a #1 seed someplace. But I do think our team is sick of hearing about the 1-3 all time Frozen Faceoff record and I think they will come out and treat this like any other game.

5 minutes ago, SiouxTupa said:

Whoa, whoa...what happened to haughty? Perhaps unwarranted, it was at least entertaining.

I'm sure we're all hoping for a better effort than we've seen in UND's past Frozen Faceoff appearances. It should be a fantastic tournament with no clear favorite.

#haughty was for our Duluth friend who likes to troll this message board. I know it will be a tough tournament to win.

Another crappy TC Tournament & they will be happy 12 folks from Denver show up in the future

I'm glad this tournament doesn't really count for us cause these 3 teams will be battling - for the sake of good hockey I hope we do too - but if we get behind or Cam has a bad day I don't see us battling back

Hope I'm wrong

24 minutes ago, Fetch said:

Another crappy TC Tournament & they will be happy 12 folks from Denver show up in the future

I'm glad this tournament doesn't really count for us cause these 3 teams will be battling - for the sake of good hockey I hope we do too - but if we get behind or Cam has a bad day I don't see us battling back

Hope I'm wrong

You are one negative nellie this week! Come on, it's playoff time. :)

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

We don't have the same level of incentive that Duluth has; they are fighting for their playoff lives, while we are almost assured of getting a #1 seed someplace. But I do think our team is sick of hearing about the 1-3 all time Frozen Faceoff record and I think they will come out and treat this like any other game.

Yup.... 10-11 sure didn't care we we're already a locked in No. 1. Just another team in the way of the ultimate goal. No reason we don't see UND's best effort this weekend.

• Upvote 1