SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC FROZEN FACEOFF - UND/SCSU/DU/UMD

AZSIOUX

For those who have been to the NCHC tourney in the past, I have a conflict for Friday's game, and would only want to go to the game on Saturday if they are in the Championship. Assuming the boys take care of business on Friday (which I'm sure they will), should I have any issues still getting tickets late on Friday night?

56 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

For those who have been to the NCHC tourney in the past, I have a conflict for Friday's game, and would only want to go to the game on Saturday if they are in the Championship. Assuming the boys take care of business on Friday (which I'm sure they will), should I have any issues still getting tickets late on Friday night?

Just don't buy from the scalpers. Both years they've been trying to sell above face value when many tickets are available at the ticket office or even discounted elsewhere.

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Keep an eye on here, there are plenty of tickets that go on sale from changed plan people.  Like stated before, don't support the scalpers, you will be overpaying

7 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

Keep an eye on here, there are plenty of tickets that go on sale from changed plan people.  Like stated before, don't support the scalpers, you will be overpaying

I've actually found that scalping is easier and cheaper if your team is playing the night game.  Obviously the Friday session tickets are for both games so the scalper would be more willing to wait it out until the night game.

I've scalped every year and paid, at the very most, face value.  In some cases I've had to sit by myself however I'm pretty locked into the games so it really doesn't matter who I sit by. 

1 hour ago, Fetch said:

I'd say no u won't have any trouble

43 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I second this.

If it's like the first two years, these guys are correct.  This is the first time for Duluth to make it, however, and their fans may make the trip?  I'd still guess upper level will be available, but we just don't know how many Bulldogs there'll be.  St. Cloud and Denver have previously shown that they won't bring big crowds.

3 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

If it's like the first two years, these guys are correct.  This is the first time for Duluth to make it, however, and their fans may make the trip?  I'd still guess upper level will be available, but we just don't know how many Bulldogs there'll be.  St. Cloud and Denver have previously shown that they won't bring big crowds.

Denver has shown they won't even bring a dozen.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Check Groupon - last year they were available there - although this year with more teams that are closer the good seats will be gone but this tournament will never sell out the Target Center. 

5 hours ago, Benny Baker said:

Yes, I am.

I am joking.

I hope so too!

Thank you!

Thank you.

I had planned to attend the game from my couch this year whether the game was at 4:00 or 7:30. 

And, yes, I'll be taking off work early.  And, no, I won't complaint about it.  My post was a sarcastic joke.  I still have not heard a justifiable reason for why UND should have chosen to play the night game.  The 4:00 was the right choice.

Go Sioux!

well played sir...

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

The upper bowl will prob be much more packed than the overpriced lower bowl. It would be much more fun to have a packed lower bowl but the target center has their head stuck up a basketball

Years 1 and 2 say this won't be true, but I don't think they ever offered the upper quite so cheap in the past. 

Maybe a lot of cheapskates will buy the upper bowl planning to try to move down with their discounted tickets, only to run into the legen-waitforit-dary usher blocks?

;)

there's no way the lower bowl is sold out between the blue lines.  the same goes for the last 2 years.... i log on to buy tickets and most desireable tickets are sold.  i know UND tickets are in section 129 which is on the crappy end with make-shift bleachers. 

so...the middle of the rink is sold out yet both years you could move to center ice and find a seat if you wanted.  doesn't make sense.

3 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Denver even has a dozen fans in their fan base? :p

It is very easy to do a census on the Denver fan base at these games.  I think there should be a contest to find any Denver fans who aren't parents of the players at the game.  My bet is there would be no winners.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, 82SiouxGuy said:

It has nothing to do with the fans. It is what the coaches believe is best for the team to win this tournament and prepare for the national tournament.

I get ya but I thought it was all about routine/sameness so 24 hrs between games like during the season on back to back nights...Last year at Target Center I believe the Sioux played at 4:00 Fri and it wasn't pretty.

40 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

I get ya but I thought it was all about routine/sameness so 24 hrs between games like during the season on back to back nights...Last year at Target Center I believe the Sioux played at 4:00 Fri and it wasn't pretty.

There is a pretty good chance that they will have to play an afternoon game in either the regional or Frozen Four, so it might be good to get used to it. Plus it gives the team extra rest between games this weekend whether they win or lose. So it's best to get out of that routine and get ready for succeeding under different conditions. Maybe playing the afternoon game in the NCHC helped them get ready to play under different conditions in the regional last year.

38 minutes ago, 82SiouxGuy said:

There is a pretty good chance that they will have to play an afternoon game in either the regional or Frozen Four, so it might be good to get used to it. Plus it gives the team extra rest between games this weekend whether they win or lose. So it's best to get out of that routine and get ready for succeeding under different conditions. Maybe playing the afternoon game in the NCHC helped them get ready to play under different conditions in the regional last year.

Yeah, good point.  If my boss wasn't gone I no doubt would be there (I'm filling in).  If the Sioux win though on Fri I do plan to be there Sat night.