SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC FROZEN FACEOFF - UND/SCSU/DU/UMD

AZSIOUX

Not sure what all the bitching is about. This is the exact thing that happened last year at our request, Team gets more rest for a possible Saturday night game but also once again gets more experience playing an afternoon game like it probably does in the regionals. So take Friday off, drive to the cities in the morning and go to the 4:00 PM game. Here's hoping that this year is not like last where we got the experience of playing TWO afternoon games :( 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Stack said:

Not sure what all the bitching is about. This is the exact thing that happened last year at our request, Team gets more rest for a possible Saturday night game but also once again gets more experience playing an afternoon game like it probably does in the regionals. So take Friday off, drive to the cities in the morning and go to the 4:00 PM game. Here's hoping that this year is not like last where we got the experience of playing TWO afternoon games :( 

I think if they would have just announced right away that it was going to be just like last year they would have saved themselves from a bunch of complaints. The whole 1.5 days of we will announce game times thing threw people for a loop.

Hey...   I live here in Florida (Jacksonville) and want to attend the Frozen Four in Tampa.  Especially if the Sioux are there.    Anyone in the Know...   When's the best time to purchase tickets? 

From my understanding, teams/SIOUX don't usually travel enough to fill a 20k stadium (Amalie Arena) so I'm probably safe to wait and see if UND makes it before purchasing the tickets.   Right?

If I choose to purchase early, they also have a ticket exchange.  Can someone give me any insights on how that works and is there any drawbacks?

59 minutes ago, Seahawks said:

Hey...   I live here in Florida (Jacksonville) and want to attend the Frozen Four in Tampa.  Especially if the Sioux are there.    Anyone in the Know...   When's the best time to purchase tickets? 

From my understanding, teams/SIOUX don't usually travel enough to fill a 20k stadium (Amalie Arena) so I'm probably safe to wait and see if UND makes it before purchasing the tickets.   Right?

If I choose to purchase early, they also have a ticket exchange.  Can someone give me any insights on how that works and is there any drawbacks?

If you really want to go, get them as soon as you can find them.  With it being in Tampa, it's not going to rely on specific teams but rather hockey fans who want a vacation in Florida at the same time.  It will be much less volatile than if it was in Minneapolis, as the secondary market won't be as big.

1 hour ago, Seahawks said:

If you wait until UND makes it,you will likely pay more than face value except for nosebleeds.Lower bowl is sold out far in advance. There are always tickets avalable on the secondary market. Avoid Stubhub, they are usually the highest of secondary sights. A lot depends on what teams make it in. Being Tampa is not the Hockey hotbed Boston was last year, with two local teams in (BU across the river and Providence a bus ride away), resale ticket prices shouldn't be as inflated. Things got pretty crazy outside the Gahden before the championship game. FYI face value is $225 for lower bowl,all session tickets this year. You can always get tickets,just depends on what you want to pay.

The only drawback with ticketexchange is, if you don't sell your tickets. :)

2 hours ago, siouxstudent said:

I think if they would have just announced right away that it was going to be just like last year they would have saved themselves from a bunch of complaints. The whole 1.5 days of we will announce game times thing threw people for a loop.

This was posted eight days ago....

On 3/6/2016 at 9:42 PM, Cratter said:

As was pointed out last year, start thinking about taking time off from work for the locals if they want to attend the Frozen Faceoff on Friday, as there was an "uproar" here about UND requesting to play the early game.

Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone....

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

Oh wow, I saw the pic on Twitter but didn't look closely at it. Why is Dierks Bentley wearing a Sioux jersey, or is that just some one who looks like him?

He said he couldn't find his other jersey, also he probably has one because he played at the Ralph a while back. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, siouxstudent said:

We went through this exact same thing last year... Wonder how many fans we will lose due to this. We already have you and myself. Guessing a few.

At my job not too hard to get Fri afternoon  but this year hard get all day Fri in order to make 4:00 game, likely won't happen.  Don't understand logic at all in picking 4:00 vs evening game for fan purposes.

6 hours ago, Cratter said:

This was posted eight days ago....

Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone....

It was posted 8 days ago that we play at 4? I meant that there should be no gap between saturday night and monday morning to find out when we play if its about bracket integrity. Should always be the early game for a 1 seed. I dont care either way, just wondering what happens between saturday night and monday morning to decide who plays at 4 when all along it was about bracket integrity?

Odds this weekend, as close as we have seen all year.

Minnesota Duluth vs North Dakota - NCHC Semifinal - Target Center - Minneapolis, MN - CBSSN
Fri 3/18   121 Minnesota Duluth    +155         
5:08PM   122 North Dakota    -195         
Denver vs St. Cloud State - NCHC Semifinal - Target Center - Minneapolis, MN - CBSSN
Fri 3/18   123 Denver    +105         
8:38PM   124 St. Cloud State    -145 

If UND doesn't do well this weekend I'm going to have to rethink my commitment to attending the NCHC - really this tournament is for those that need to move up in the Pairwise. Yes it is a great weekend of Sioux socializing but if other teams have to win and there is no need for UND to be concerned about the outcomes, what happens on the ice really hasn't been that entertaining as a Sioux fan the past two years.

Add in the poor quality ice, rink doors opening during play, ticket session fiascos... 

We shall see...

Berry was just on 1440, the Fan,  and he said another part of the reason to take the afternoon game, besides the rest, is that the ice surface should be at it's best.  With the skill on this team, you can't argue that line of thinking.  If the puck is bouncing and such, it really would hurt Nick Schmaltz's ability to use his best skill, and really the team as a whole.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tnt said:

Berry was just on 1440 a.m. and he said another part of the reason to take the afternoon game, besides the rest, is that the ice surface should be at it's best.  With the skill on this team, you can't argue that line of thinking.  If the puck is bouncing and such, it really would hurt Nick Schmaltz's ability to use his best skill, and really the team as a whole.  

I guess these guys thought this one through just a bit. ;)

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, Seahawks said:

15 hours ago, southpaw said:

If you really want to go, get them as soon as you can find them.  With it being in Tampa, it's not going to rely on specific teams but rather hockey fans who want a vacation in Florida at the same time.  It will be much less volatile than if it was in Minneapolis, as the secondary market won't be as big.

What southpaw said - many people go every year, regardless of where it is, and they've bought out a huge chunk of the arena (as in virtually all not held for schools) long ago. The Frozen Four is on a priority system for when you can even buy seats, due to the returning purchasers.