SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC FROZEN FACEOFF - UND/SCSU/DU/UMD

AZSIOUX

12 hours ago, row5seat5 said:

Denver is basically Sioux Falls with a mountainous background.  (Sorry, Sioux Falls)

You have to understand, row5, that not everyone evaluates cities according to bowling alley count. 

• Upvote 2

Need to really take it to them...the longer the Dawgs stick around and the more confident Kas gets...well...I'd rather be up 3-0 with them on their heels after 20 (captain obvious here).  

UMD HAS to win a game this weekend or they are done.  Its really that simple.  There is no scenario where they lose 2 that they make the NCAAs.   Winning one game results in the edge of the bubble, praying for no PWR upset auto-bids.  Although praying, for example, for the Gophers to lose is likely not foreign to the Dawg faithful.

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

Need to really take it to them...the longer the Dawgs stick around and the more confident Kas gets...well...I'd rather be up 3-0 with them on their heels after 20 (captain obvious here).  

UMD HAS to win a game this weekend or they are done.  Its really that simple.  There is no scenario where they lose 2 that they make the NCAAs.   Winning one game results in the edge of the bubble, praying for no PWR upset auto-bids.  Although praying, for example, for the Gophers to lose is likely not foreign to the Dawg faithful.

From the Pairwise I ran the dogs with one win are in even if gophers win auto.

Luckily for UMD all the NCHC teams at the frozen face off have good pwr.

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

From the Pairwise I ran the dogs with one win are in even if gophers win auto.

Luckily for UMD all the NCHC teams at the frozen face off have good pwr.

I saw them as the last team in if only RMU and MInny get in as auto-qualifiers outside of the top 16...so they'd be holding their breath...

what I am getting at is that they will be playing desperate to not have their season end and to control their playoff destiny

I think the NCHC does a pretty good job putting on the Frozen Faceoff and will only continue to get better as the years go on ( more fans = higher NCHC budget?)

#FrozenFaceoff is the third trending topic in Minneapolis today.

A month leading up to the game they put Frozen Faceoff "flags" on the street light poles.

They promote it at the Minneapolis Visitors Center at the Nicollet Mall. 

Fan Fest outside (although most people are at the Sioux pregame party at the Pourhouse) the Target Center and decked out inside. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Dan Hammer tweeted: 

Just got the end of the interview with Faison listening online: "It happened in the Denver airport, I had it with Bruce (WCHA commissioner) he (paraphrasing) wouldn't do enough when Minnesota and Wisconsin left, we had put to much (resources) into this program to sit around and do nothing." 

Then Faison made some phone calls...:)

1 minute ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So what jerseys will the teams be wearing today?  Home team still going to wear the dark?  Haven't heard anything.  Guess we will find out when they take the ice for warmups!!

i will say home teams wear white based on last weekend