SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC FROZEN FACEOFF - UND/SCSU/DU/UMD

AZSIOUX

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

DU is a rich kid daycare for ski bums, I wouldn't expect the students to be engaged. Too bad the locals take their success for granted though. More and more hockwy talent coming out of CO sure to the Thunderbird program.

During the series against DU I was talking to a DU season ticket holder and I asked him why there was a student section on Friday, but none on Saturday. He said something along the lines of: Short attention spans combined with the busy city life tends to distract the students. In other words, there is a lot to do on any given weekend. Couple that with solid snow conditions in the mountains and you will find a lot of students skiing on the weekends. It is what it is and I am happy our fans are passionate.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

During the series against DU I was talking to a DU season ticket holder and I asked him why there was a student section on Friday, but none on Saturday. He said something along the lines of: Short attention spans combined with the busy city life tends to distract the students. In other words, there is a lot to do on any given weekend. Couple that with solid snow conditions in the mountains and you will find a lot of students skiing on the weekends. It is what it is and I am happy our fans are passionate.

Competing with a local NHL team (and ECHL team) is probably not easy either.  They should market themselves as a more affordable alternative. 

DU stands to lose their biggest recruiting advantage as PAC 12 schools start up.  Beau Bennett tweeted a tongue in cheek commitment to ASU.  Moore probably would have considered it as well.

13 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Competing with a local NHL team (and ECHL team) is probably not easy either.  They should market themselves as a more affordable alternative. 

DU stands to lose their biggest recruiting advantage as PAC 12 schools start up.  Beau Bennett tweeted a tongue in cheek commitment to ASU.  Moore probably would have considered it as well.

Absolutely, I forgot about the pro sports aspect. 

5 hours ago, siouxstudent said:

Im gonna say Duluth and Denver win Friday and we play St Cloud in the 3rd place game for chance at #1 seed in the West Regional.

I had the same thought.

UMD beats UND 3-2 to avoid being 0-5 against UND

Denver beats SCSU 5-3

UND beats SCSU 4-3

UMD beats Denver 3-1

Had a friend, who shall remain nameless, who in 2014 ended up closing the Seville Club on Saturday night. Stumbled outside and dove into a cab. Told the cab his hotel and the cabbie drove up the street about 1/2 a block and did a U-turn and drove back down the street about a 1/2 block and dropped him at the front door. $5 ride and he lost his phone during the ride. Good thing all his cash was gone and he had to use a credit card for the cab since this helped him track down his phone.:0

58 minutes ago, squirtcoach said:

Have they announced the time of the und practice at the target center tomorrow?

The nchc put this out a few days ago but I haven't seen the release they referred to:

We'll have a release tomorrow w/ fan-related details but yes for Thursday:

9:45am - UMD

11am - UND

12:30pm - DU

1:45pm - SCSU

22 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Just got the rules emailed to me from the Target Center.

"Hockey traditions like hitting the glass, throwing a hat on the ice, and keeping pucks will be allowed" lol...

better not tell the ushers at St Ralph's about hitting the glass

8 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

#haughty was for our Duluth friend who likes to troll this message board. I know it will be a tough tournament to win.

I'm actually feeling pretty #haughty about this weekend myself.

https://vine.co/v/eYBbTpLquPd

9 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

We don't have the same level of incentive that Duluth has; they are fighting for their playoff lives, while we are almost assured of getting a #1 seed someplace. But I do think our team is sick of hearing about the 1-3 all time Frozen Faceoff record and I think they will come out and treat this like any other game.

Yup. People tell your team they're 1-3 in the Frozen Faceoff? 

9 hours ago, siouxstudent said:

Beating Duluth for a 5th straight time, at the stupid Target Center, in the afternoon. I just dont see it happening. Sooo hope I am wrong here.

It would be 6th straight time actually. I hope you're right.