SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

5 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

No you made valid points in your statement.  I didn't come on this site until the beginning of Mussman's last season as i was really wondering about the direction of the football team and I had moved to AZ the year before and felt a little disconnected and wanted to try and get some information.  Since coming on here I love hearing about all of the chat and updates on the football team.  I have no desire to go on bville to hear what they are doing, I like hearing and following what UND is doing.  Actually if we would have been winning championships at the time I moved down here I likely may have never ended up on here, it is when we were doing poorly that I wanted more info.  I can't imagine if we had just won 5 titles.....the thought even crossing my mind about going on to the bville site.  There are a few NDSU posters that have a few posts here and there that actually add to some conversations.  But the need for some others to come on here daily after winning 5 titles and try and stir up stuff about how good they are and to put down UND, honestly it is just baffling.  

I don't have an issue going on BV; I went on there before the Sioux/Bison game this past fall, but they can be ruthless. You can't even compliment their team or success without getting chewed out. Its not everyone, but the vast majority.

23 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

No you made valid points in your statement.  I didn't come on this site until the beginning of Mussman's last season as i was really wondering about the direction of the football team and I had moved to AZ the year before and felt a little disconnected and wanted to try and get some information.  Since coming on here I love hearing about all of the chat and updates on the football team.  I have no desire to go on bville to hear what they are doing, I like hearing and following what UND is doing.  Actually if we would have been winning championships at the time I moved down here I likely may have never ended up on here, it is when we were doing poorly that I wanted more info.  I can't imagine if we had just won 5 titles.....the thought even crossing my mind about going on to the bville site.  There are a few NDSU posters that have a few posts here and there that actually add to some conversations.  But the need for some others to come on here daily after winning 5 titles and try and stir up stuff about how good they are and to put down UND, honestly it is just baffling.  

Agreed, I signed up for this site in 2011, about a year after I moved to Colorado. I felt a bit disconnected and really started following the Football team (always followed hockey) once they moved up to D1 on 08. I mostly comment on football because pretty much anything I have to say about hockey has already been posted by someone else.

18 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I don't have an issue going on BV; I went on there before the Sioux/Bison game this past fall, but they can be ruthless. You can't even compliment their team or success without getting chewed out. Its not everyone, but the vast majority.

For the record, a lot of Bison fans have come to feel the exact same way about bisonville that you do. There are about 20 people who all know each other in the "real world" who have dominated that board for the last 5 years and any opinion outside of their little circle jerk is mocked and ridiculed. That board is full of tired old jokes and "overconfident" insecure people. I only visit that site to keep up on recruiting.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

For the record, a lot of Bison fans have come to feel the exact same way about bisonville that you do. There are about 20 people who all know each other in the "real world" who have dominated that board for the last 5 years and any opinion outside of their little circle jerk is mocked and ridiculed. That board is full of tired old jokes and "overconfident" insecure people. I only visit that site to keep up on recruiting.

Good to know, I didn't realize that. I really only went on there to talk about the game last fall, but it didn't go so well. Probably won't re-visit until the next time we play, and we'll see if it changes at all.

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

Good to know, I didn't realize that. I really only went on there to talk about the game last fall, but it didn't go so well. Probably won't re-visit until the next time we play, and we'll see if it changes at all.

Not worth it.  I visit during recruiting to keep up on that but do not post.  

28 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I just want to second this.  It's very "junior-highish" over there at times, with their little cliques.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

NFL.com draft tracker has Will ranked number 12 for LB's

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:lb

That is great to see.  In initial talk it sounded like he would more likely be a free agent and be a fullback or special teams type player.   12 rating is pretty impressive....seems like a pretty good chance he'll get drafted and maybe an actual opportunity to play LB. 

3 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

That is great to see.  In initial talk it sounded like he would more likely be a free agent and be a fullback or special teams type player.   12 rating is pretty impressive....seems like a pretty good chance he'll get drafted and maybe an actual opportunity to play LB. 

He's actually rated #14 with a 5.4  For perspective, here's where #14 and the top 5.4 went in the past couple years:

2015: #14 - 4th Round, 5.4 - 4th Round

2014: #14 - 4th Round, 5.4 - 2nd Round

2013: #14 - 3rd Round, 5.4 (Actually, rated differently so a 5.4 seems like a high 60's on that rating) - 3rd round

2012: #14 - 7th Round, 69 - 3rd Round

13 minutes ago, southpaw said:

He's actually rated #14 with a 5.4  For perspective, here's where #14 and the top 5.4 went in the past couple years:

2015: #14 - 4th Round, 5.4 - 4th Round

2014: #14 - 4th Round, 5.4 - 2nd Round

2013: #14 - 3rd Round, 5.4 (Actually, rated differently so a 5.4 seems like a high 60's on that rating) - 3rd round

2012: #14 - 7th Round, 69 - 3rd Round

Damn either my glasses(vision) or the new math can't vcount.  Your right listed as #14.  Still very good.  Glad to see Will get a chance at LB.

49 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

NFL.com draft tracker has Will ranked number 12 for LB's

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:lb

Damn. With that rating, he might get drafted. Certainly hope that is the case and Ratelle gets drafted; nevertheless, he almost certainly will end up on a roster. 

Good luck Will 

2 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

So basically the same as Wentz?  ( ;

Wentz is 6.53 at the bottom of "Good NFL Starter with Pro Bowl Potential". Surprisingly, his LT Haeg is at 5.29, at the top of "Developmental prospect or special teams potential".

Since you asked :)

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Wentz is 6.53 at the bottom of "Good NFL Starter with Pro Bowl Potential". Surprisingly, his LT Haeg is at 5.29, at the top of "Developmental prospect or special teams potential".

Since you asked :)

Thanks!  LOL!  Obviously, I didn't review the qualifying criteria. Much appreciated!