SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

Do teams keep a backup FB on their 52 man roster (I'm sure it depends on the team)?   With a pro bowl FB already on their team I'm starting to think it may be difficult for Will to make the 52 man roster, unless of course they are wanting a backup FB. 

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

Do teams keep a backup FB on their 52 man roster (I'm sure it depends on the team)?   With a pro bowl FB already on their team I'm starting to think it may be difficult for Will to make the 52 man roster, unless of course they are wanting a backup FB. 

He's going to be a special teams monster at the very least. That makes him valuable. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 77iceman said:

Good luck to Will . . . I'd be pretty bummed if he's NOT in  uniform somewhere this fall.

Guys waived at this point have a good chance to be signed to practice squad or resigned after week one because salary won't be guaranteed. Will still has a shot to play in NFL. Fingers crossed.

I never understood why he signed with a team that already had a Pro Bowl fullback.  Chances of outplaying a Pro Bowl FB when you haven't played that position since High School are slim and none. Hope it works out for him on the Jets, if he makes the team I could see the Jets fans really liking a hard working blue collar type of player like Will.