SiouxSports.com Forum

West Regional

01grad

So, I live in the Twin Cities and was on the fence like many of you just like Schloss's blog. We decided to go for it and will have a final five reunion of sorts getting our crew back together a few rows up behind the benches. Whether we are there or not, we will sport our green with flags and all. We went with a promotion that was mailed to me by Ticketmaster that if you used the code TMHOCKEY, you could buy semifinal but not the package and was a 25% deal so buy three seats get one free. It turned out to be only $40.50 for both games on March 26th. Then our thinking is to watch all of the other games at the bar especially the Sioux if they are in a different regional and have a grand ole time going to whatever games we choose at the X. If we are there and win Sat., just buy tickets for the Easter night game from somebody who is dumping theirs because they lost. Just wanted to throw this idea out there for others who might be debating back and forth. Could be a great first round matchup and if not just watch the game on television with a big group unless you are planning on traveling wherever the team is sent. We didn't want to wait and see if they would be in because we wanted good seats as we used to have back when the final five and good times were around and then the BIG10 took our packages and fun away.

Thinking about what it could be and scooping up tickets before the gopher fans do is worth it IMO, especially when the price isn't that outrageous with this deal. Would love to stick it to the NCAA and show them that our logos aren't going away no matter what regional we are everywhere. Not that I am not able to move on and deal with a new logo, the Sioux is just what I know and remember so I will always hang on to it.

53 minutes ago, 01grad said:

Thinking about what it could be and scooping up tickets before the gopher fans do is worth it IMO, especially when the price isn't that outrageous with this deal. Would love to stick it to the NCAA and show them that our logos aren't going away no matter what regional we are everywhere. Not that I am not able to move on and deal with a new logo, the Sioux is just what I know and remember so I will always hang on to it.

Kind of contradicted yourself there in one sentence!!! ;)

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Kooshnitz said:

Where do most of you stay for hotels? Holiday Inn or are their any other popular ones for sioux fans ?

Holiday Inn across the street is good, they charge 15 a day for parking but so does the x so that's a wash. There is a best western up the hill by the Capitol that is reasonable. Or there is the St. Paul or the river center. 

18 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Any idea what time the game would be played Sunday? On a flight back from Vegas and I'd probably die if I was in the air while the game was being played.

If I recall from last time in St. Paul I think it was a 4 or 5 pm game? 

11 minutes ago, Kooshnitz said:

If I recall from last time in St. Paul I think it was a 4 or 5 pm game? 

8 minutes ago, krustyklown said:

I believe I saw 6:30 PM for the West championship game.

Both of these are acceptable answers as I land at 2:50pm. If there is a delay I guess I'll be staying in Vegas another night because I am not missing that game.

Sounds like Woodon is essentially saying that if Minnesota makes the tourney and UND remains #1 overall, they'll go to Cinci for bracket integrity. So those of you that already have tix to the X hope that the Gophs don't make the tourney... I don't think that will be difficult for you :)

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2016/03/08_bracket_abcs_conference_tournament.php

14 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Sounds like Woodon is essentially saying that if Minnesota makes the tourney and UND remains #1 overall, they'll go to Cinci for bracket integrity. So those of you that already have tix to the X hope that the Gophs don't make the tourney... I don't think that will be difficult for you :)

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2016/03/08_bracket_abcs_conference_tournament.php

Nope, not a problem. Easy-peezy-lemon-squeezy. Consider it done. ;)

28 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

No arm twisting needed here!!

19 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Hence, why I said if UND remains #1 overall.

That doesn't differentiate from #3. Of which  st cloud (if #2) goes to St paul. So basically only two ways to go to St Paul more than likely. #1 overall and gophers stay home or #2 overall. 

13 minutes ago, Cratter said:

That doesn't differentiate from #3. Of which  st cloud (if #2) goes to St paul. So basically only two ways to go to St Paul more than likely. #1 overall and gophers stay home or #2 overall. 

Which is exactly what the article says. Article also says it's unlikely UND falls past No. 2. What's your point?