SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota State Hockey Tournament

choyt3

Mclaughlin for Grand Rapids was suspended for the state tournament for drinking...I was okay with that because what kind of idiot goes drinking before a state tournament? Until info came out that it was because a Duluth East player is the one who got him suspended because he sent in a photo from 9 months ago that he got from him on Snapchat after his team lost and didn't get to go to state this year.

I know the kid shouldn't be drinking, but how much of a sore loser/prick do you have to be to do that? I'll never be able to cheer for Duluth East again just because of one kid doing something so childish. Puts them below Edina/EP in my book. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GFG said:

Mclaughlin for Grand Rapids was suspended for the state tournament for drinking...I was okay with that because what kind of idiot goes drinking before a state tournament? Until info came out that it was because a Duluth East player is the one who got him suspended because he sent in a photo from 9 months ago that he got from him on Snapchat since his team lost and didn't get to go to state this year.

I know the kid shouldn't be drinking, but how much of a sore loser/prick do you have to be to do that? I'll never be able to cheer for Duluth East again just because of one kid doing something so childish. Puts them below Edina/EP in my book. 

What a <bleep> move

2 hours ago, GFG said:

Mclaughlin for Grand Rapids was suspended for the state tournament for drinking...I was okay with that because what kind of idiot goes drinking before a state tournament? Until info came out that it was because a Duluth East player is the one who got him suspended because he sent in a photo from 9 months ago that he got from him on Snapchat after his team lost and didn't get to go to state this year.

I had heard most of that but didn't hear that the picture was from 9 months ago that even makes it look a worse move by the East player. If the East player is an underclassmen and McLaughlin is back at Rapids next year maybe they can settle it on the ice. 

1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

I had heard most of that but didn't hear that the picture was from 9 months ago that even makes it look a worse move by the East player. If the East player is an underclassmen and McLaughlin is back at Rapids next year maybe they can settle it on the ice. 

got to love zero tolerance 

Eden Prairie beats Grand Rapids 6-2 to advance to the final. Grand Rapids was able to tie it at 2 with 2 goals in 11 seconds in the 2nd period and had a couple chances to take the lead but a post and big save kept that from happening. After that EP responded with 3 of their own in the 2nd and would add another in the 3rd. Casey Mittelstadt led EP again and was fantastic with 3 goals and 2 assists and now 11 points in 2 tournament games.

Grand Rapids won the AA 3rd place game 3-2 over Stillwater. Thief River Falls beat St. Paul Academy in the class A 3rd place game 4-1. Bemidji won the AA consolation championship with a 4-1 win over Farmington so all 4 northern teams took home some hardware.

Looking forward to a good AA championship at 7:00 with #1 Eden Prairie and #3 Wayzata. The 2 teams split during the regular season with each team winning 4-2. EP has the best player on the ice in Mittlestadt who has been dominant and Wayzata has great balanced depth and will be able to roll 4 lines and 3 sets of defensemen.

#3 Wayzata beats #1 Eden Prairie 5-3 adding an empty netter late to win the AA championship. Great championship game had a little of everything lots of skill plays, very physical, powerplay goals, shorthanded goals, big saves, and big defensive plays. The Minnesota State Hockey Tournament never disappoints.

• Upvote 1