SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU school song controversy

tnt

Bresciani needed a precedent, a toe-hold. Well, verse three got it for him. 

Let's see if he goes to eradicate the rest of the questionable songs/cheers from his campus next.

Who wants a conference-mate that proudly, loudly, cheers that a "Native tribe creates a negative pressure gradient upon fecal matter" even when that target is not the opponent. In today's PC, high-sensitivity world: nobody. 

Pass the popcorn please. This could get interesting. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

waiting for backlash from the Bison faithful about having their tradition stolen... but I doubt most of them knew the words to the song to begin with

True.......most Bison "faithful" became fans of NDSU in 2009. 

"Tradition"???

.........just saying.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ScottM said:

In related news, someone actually might actually sing the 'su fight song beyond the first few lyrics ...

"On Bison" is the school's fight song, not "The Yellow and the Green".  And for what it's worth, i don't even know the first few lyrics of the latter, much less the third verse.

5 hours ago, siouxforcefans said:

waiting for backlash from the Bison faithful about having their tradition stolen... but I doubt most of them knew the words to the song to begin with

Nope never even knew there was a 3 verse. Heck I didnt even know there was a second.:lol:

Its nothing more than an out dated term. But I am sure somebody will make a big deal about it just because they can.

2 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Its nothing more than an out dated term. But I am sure somebody will make a big deal about it just because they can.

Someone already did by reporting it to NDSU and Bresciani gave them what they wanted with his semi-public acknowledgement and reaction.

29 minutes ago, Herd said:

It will simply be changed.  No controversy, no argument, no congressional debate, no tax dollars spent, no fighting with the ncaa or NA folks.  It's done.

A sentence in the 3rd verse of a song is the same as a nickname held for years?  Nice try

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Herd said:

It will simply be changed.  No controversy, no argument, no congressional debate, no tax dollars spent, no fighting with the ncaa or NA folks.  It's done.

NDSU changing its name back to Farmers would be a close comparison to what happened at UND.

On 2/29/2016 at 8:56 PM, Herd said:

AL Carlson is currently writing a state law to keep all three verses. 

• Upvote 1