SiouxSports.com Forum

Iowa In Some Title IX Trouble?

UNDvince97-01

13 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Looking at the number of scholarships available to women at ndsu, I'd characterize him as a misogynist before I called him a homophobe.....

Although I disagree with that statement, at least you're man enough to come out and say it unlike Sic, who thinks he looks intelligent by speaking in platitudes.

My apologies.
I forgot NDSU is proud of how womens athletics was treated under Taylor's tenure.

NDSU 2014 numbers:
Campus whole: 57% men
Athletics (participants): 65% men
Athletics (unduplicated participants): 69% men
Athletics scholarships: 61% men

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

My apologies.
I forgot NDSU is proud of how womens athletics was treated under Taylor's tenure.

NDSU 2014 numbers:
Campus whole: 57% men
Athletics (participants): 65% men
Athletics (unduplicated participants): 69% men
Athletics scholarships: 61% men

But they have a survey......... just saying

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Truth is, I can't find Amy or Lynn on here: http://www.gobison.com/staff.aspx?tab=staffdirectory 

That's awesome.  You've failed to address your previous statements.  You've been caught in a lie and you know it.  In the Iowa case, the field hockey coach was fired and the womens' AD reassigned BEFORE Gene Taylor got there.  In Lynn Dorn's case, she retired AFTER Gene Taylor left.  And Ruley worked with Taylor as an employee of NDSU for at least 8 years before she left voluntarily.  Yes, quite the history of misogyny there.

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Did those women lose power and status during the Taylor tenure? The word you're looking for is "environment". That's the word OCR uses. 

If you were Lynn Dorn's supervisor at NDSU, would you have been satisfied with her job performance?

Lynn Dorn deserved to be fired due to her sexual harassment of co-workers and student athletes.  Ndsu suspended her and allowed her to quietly resign, so there's no apparent mistreatment of her there.  As for the general treatment of women's sports by Taylor and ndsu, where there's smoke there's fire.  

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Lynn Dorn deserved to be fired due to her sexual harassment of co-workers and student athletes.  Ndsu suspended her and allowed her to quietly resign, so there's no apparent mistreatment of her there.  As for the general treatment of women's sports by Taylor and ndsu, where there's smoke there's fire.  

The first part of this is true.  She was not a good administrator.  If anything, being a woman is the only thing that kept her employed as long as she was.

26 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Ms. Ruley lost the WBB coaching role to a fundraising role outside of Athletics. Ms. Dorn was suspended and then allowed to resign (see UNDBIZ post).

I'm not sure how that is retaining power and status.

Ruley resigned from her coaching duties of her own accord.  Both of these women left NDSU AFTER Taylor left.  So maybe Taylor was fostering a great environment for women in the workplace.  He'll probably engineer something similar at Iowa to turn that mess around.

14 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

So maybe Taylor was fostering a great environment for women in the workplace.

Maybe; however, when Taylor left town Ruley and Dorn were both either gone or well on their way out of NDSU Athletics as well. 

Strangely enough, Dorn landed an athletics consulting gig across town shortly after 'retiring'. 

12 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Maybe; however, when Taylor left town Ruley and Dorn were both either gone or well on their way out of NDSU Athletics as well. 

Strangely enough, Dorn landed an athletics consulting gig across town shortly after 'retiring'. 

I believe Dorn, Ruley, and Taylor all came from outer space with the idea of taking over the world and when that didn't work they turned their energy toward taking over NDSU. There, how's that for more conspiracy theory?  HAHAHA

On 2/15/2016 at 10:32 AM, The Sicatoka said:

So a female AAD and a female coach are long-time partners in the department. This Gene Taylor fellow shows up in town and those two are suddenly no longer "golden children" in the department but pariahs that need to be fired or reassigned. 

I swear I've heard that somewhere before ... but it wasn't Iowa ... 

1 hour ago, NDSU grad said:

I'm glad you can finally admit you were wrong.

Amy "resigned" like any coach "resigns" when they've fallen out of favor (cough-quit or-cough), and ends up (reassigned) out of Athletics. Lynn ends up suspended (that's "reassigned" to the extreme) and gone shortly thereafter (yet takes another job in college athletics?). 

Both were golden pre-Taylor and not in NDSU Athletics after. That's what happened. 

1 hour ago, The Hawk said:

I believe Dorn, Ruley, and Taylor all came from outer space with the idea of taking over the world and when that didn't work they turned their energy toward taking over NDSU. There, how's that for more conspiracy theory?  HAHAHA

Sadly, this is more plausible than Sic's interpretation of events.

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Amy "resigned" like any coach "resigns" when they've fallen out of favor (cough-quit or-cough), and ends up (reassigned) out of Athletics. Lynn ends up suspended (that's "reassigned" to the extreme) and gone shortly thereafter (yet takes another job in college athletics?). 

Both were golden pre-Taylor and not in NDSU Athletics after. That's what happened. 

You havent mentioned the facts that Ruleys teams started going down hill for some time and fans were calling for her head.. Dorn was suspended because she made very inappropriate comments . After that she was still the Womens AD for 2-3 years after. I wouldnt call that shortly. Geez.

A couple of other points. Gene Taylor left in 2014. Lynn Dorn retired in 2015.  Opps

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Not sure why you keep pushing this stupid stuff. Probably just trying to get a rise out of NDSU lurkers but it's only making you look stupid. Ruley had struggled through the transition and her recruiting had been lacking for some time. It was clearly time for a graceful exit from an outstanding coaching career. You failed to mention that her successors have both been women. Dorn was a liability in the HR Dept. She retired after Taylor was already gone so not sure how you put her exit on him. What about UND's women's AD? And UND's women's BB coaches have been men for how many years? 

• Upvote 1