SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (4-3) @ SUU (2-4)

SWSiouxMN

26 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

fact is UND was a 2 point fav at N AZ. and closed as 3pt fav at S UT.  As far as the money is concerned both game were very winnable but nowhere near prohibitive favorites in these game.

On flip side of that, being 2 pt faves over worst team in league is not exactly something to brag about. 

Kicking the hell out of them on their home court is a great step in right direction, though.

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

Yes, Jones is a genius. He has them playing against Big Sky teams. They should have beaten both of those teams this weekend. 

Everyone on this board knows I have no love for Jones so I would never call him a genius, however he has this very young team playing great ball right now and this team looks to be heading into the right direction. What's wrong totally bored on Bisonville now that football is done. I am sure NDSU has other sports you can talk about on your own board, just try.

12 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

11-4-1 based off closing lines. Losses were FGU, Youngstown, UNI and Idaho. Montana was a push.

UND has been favored in 4 games this year (Youngstown, Montana, @NAU, @SUU), including 3 of the last 4. One game was a pick 'em (@ISU).

We were favored against Montana? Wow. Anyways I wasn't able to catch much of the game last night but how in the world did Geno have 8 turnovers!?

Edit: I see it was MSU we were favored against.

36 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

We were favored against Montana? Wow. Anyways I wasn't able to catch much of the game last night but how in the world did Geno have 8 turnovers!?

Edit: I see it was MSU we were favored against.

Typo on my part. Montana closed as a 4 point favorite.

As for the second part, he had some really interesting passes and a couple drives he just lost control. I couldn't watch the second half so I had to rely on the sweet sounds of Paul Ralston. He was absolutely befuddled by one of Geno's passes that was apparently to no one in particular.

28 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

yes...UND is doughnut/hole in the middle team w/o shanks..  Will need him to defend the post vs certain teams....Shanks is on short leach and still is a foul machine

I don't know how much he fills said doughnut hole. From what I have seen in person, I like Avants defense more.

• Upvote 2

With home court not in play, doesn't make much difference for the playoffs, but UND doesn't have the four weakest teams in the Big Sky on its conference docket more than once:  NAU, SUU, PSU, Sac St.  Sac St could change a lot if they get their star guard back.

Really beginning to get up on this team.  Just think what Walthall could do with this team.  Maybe Jones can stay as recruiting coordinator?  He's really seems to have hit his stride in that department.