SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (3-3) @ NAU (1-5)

SWSiouxMN

14 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Same thing could be said for the Angry Birds.

I love this moniker!  

It's nice to get back on track and see them defeat a team the way they did, and should have.  Would be nice to have seen Collins get some more time down the stretch to get hiim used to the game.  Even let Carson play after his 4th foul, let him foul out if need be, I don't think protecting him is helping him.  Sometimes letting a kid play with that 4th foul makes them play smarter and better defense.  (I am not knocking Jones, there is another time for that)  Nice well-rounded game by all.  Keep it up Saturday. Finally, the announcers were great!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

I'm on the fence, he seems to do "just enough." That said I'll see how the season plays out, although I think there is plenty of coaches who could do better....If UND doesn't blow it and hire that guy from Moorhead ;).  Regardless I'm always cheering for UND to win. 

Off topic, is UND basketball offering FCOA? That could really be a gamechanger! Need to be a leader, it could really seperate UND from the pack and give an advantage for years to come (like the other Dakota schools entering D1 years before USD and UND). 

My understanding is that, yes, basketball is getting FCOA next year

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

You know things are going right when Drick is hitting free throws. 

Yanku is good. 

Also appreciate NAU having a good feed (as always) and I forgot how entertaining their announcer is. 

Benton sighting! 

I believe he was raised in somewhere in western ND.  He is very good to listen to.

• Upvote 1

Now thats the UND team we like and see.....blowing the sh_t out of a team with no chance at them coming back. I am sure some will look at NAU and think this is a one time thing. But it can boost a lot of confidence in this team and they could take this momentum into the next game at Southern Utah. Great job guys!!!!  On a side note that was UND's first 100 point game against a DI opponent since moving up in 2008. 

I will agree with most that it is quite obvious things are going better this year.  Defense is being played consistently.  The extra pass is being made.  Boxing out is occurring.  There just seems to be a real team out there that enjoys playing together.  

Lets also realize that they have beaten the #5, #6, #8 and #12 teams in the conference.  Their next two games are against poor teams in UNC and SUU.  To show they are truly turning the corner I want to see a win or two vs. Weber, Idaho or Montana.  They are the class of the league this year.  

• Upvote 2