SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (3-3) @ NAU (1-5)

SWSiouxMN

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

soooo try typing it again :)

Great teams have a killer instinct and will increase that lead and fight til the end. 

(although its also natural to let up and play loose.)

NAU is 3-13. Can't get to excited about this win, but its always nice to win on the road, and keep improving for RENO.

1 minute ago, Cratter said:

Great teams have a killer instinct and will increase that lead and fight til the end. 

(although its also natural to let up and play loose.)

NAU is 3-13. Can't get to excited about this win, but its always nice to win on the road, and keep improving for RENO.

Definitely. I'll be the first to say I'm not a Brian Jones fan. Been willing to give him a chance for a while, but between losing seasons to his bench demeanor, he just isn't my favorite guy. That being said, I really like where this team is going this season.Not just because we have seen some really solid games from E Wash, to MT St, to a "quality loss" ;) to Montana, to tonight, but also because this is a really young team, so we can only expect more over the next 2-3 year. Pretty cool that we get to add Wheeler Baker to this mix next year.

Point being, I hope we keep Jones for now, because I would hate to see us lose any of these kids. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Definitely. I'll be the first to say I'm not a Brian Jones fan. 

I'm on the fence, he seems to do "just enough." That said I'll see how the season plays out, although I think there is plenty of coaches who could do better....If UND doesn't blow it and hire that guy from Moorhead ;).  Regardless I'm always cheering for UND to win. 

Off topic, is UND basketball offering FCOA? That could really be a gamechanger! Need to be a leader, it could really seperate UND from the pack and give an advantage for years to come (like the other Dakota schools entering D1 years before USD and UND). 

Just now, Cratter said:

I'm on the fence, he seems to do "just enough." That said I'll see how the season plays out, although I think there is plenty of coaches who could do better....If UND doesn't blow it and hire that guy from Moorhead ;)

Off topic, is UND basketball offering FCOA? That could really be a gamechanger! Need to be a leader, it could really seperate UND from the pack and give an advantage for years to come (like the other Dakota schools entering D1 years before USD and UND). 

Its not just the coaching or player development. I really don't know enough about basketball or the sport fundamentals to comment on that, but he always seems like a giant baby on the bench. I'm glad he has some passion, but he could really use a little more class. Easy to be frustrated, but maintain class. We all saw Hak get frustrated in Mariucci years ago, but other than that, you never saw the guy have an embarrassing outburst.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

This team is looking like it has more potential every game.

Night and day difference from the beginning of the year. The nice thing is, there is still a lot of room for improvement. Not to say there aren't still going to be some headscratching moments and they aren't going to struggle with teams with good post players, but they are looking the best they have in years. Not to mention no seniors are contributing. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

Night and day difference from the beginning of the. The nice thing is, there is still a lot of room from improvement. Not to say there aren't still going to be some headscratching moments and they aren't going to struggle with teams with good post players, but they are looking the best they have in years. Not to mention no seniors are contributing. 

Agreed, definitely room for improvement, but that's a good thing given how young they are. Definitely the best team we have seen in a while. 

AND THERE GOES HOOKER AGAIN