SiouxSports.com Forum

Here comes the Merchandise

burronation

I get that they are just putting something out there to maybe cash in on some Christmas sales . . . but I wish they'd have

waited for the actual brand development to be complete before putting anything in front of the public.

(yes, i work in the marketing industry . . .)

50 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Glad it's not ours!???

But seriously, it is just a generic shirt for now with likely an old design and just the name replaced. I wouldn't call it cheap? Just your basic $10-15 T-shirt.

Myself, I won't likely buy anything with the new logo or name on it but will continue to buy UND merchandise unless the logo is a 600 foot homerun. If people want to buy the new name and logo that is great, I graduated a Fighting Sioux from UND so that is what I will continue to represent.

The people who buy the crap from the "parody" companies are the people who should be beat with a stick. UND needs to quash that crap and do it soon.

Thank you! That's all I'm saying. I wouldn't buy THIS SHIRT because THAT SHIRT looks awful. Cheap may be the wrong choice of words. Underwhelming? Bleh? Meh?

I'm completely fine with buying a Fighting Hawks whatever in the future if the logo is decent and the font isn't that ugly.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, 77iceman said:

I get that they are just putting something out there to maybe cash in on some Christmas sales . . . but I wish they'd have

waited for the actual brand development to be complete before putting anything in front of the public.

(yes, i work in the marketing industry . . .)

Completely agree. That meh font shirt is the first impression and to me, it's not good. Seems rushed.

56 minutes ago, petey23 said:

The people who buy the crap from the "parody" companies are the people who should be beat with a stick. UND needs to quash that crap and do it soon.

This. Not sure how you can proclaim "respect and honor" in one breath and buy that crap in another. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Don't feel bad, I bought a shirt from a different vendor already. Oddly enough, the world didn't end when I put it on.

That's crazy talk, right there.

6 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

C'mon man ... why the block font?

If you're going to spell out F'n Hawks why not us the official UND Athletics font. The words "North Dakota" at the top of http://undsports.com/ are in that font. 

Because I have always hated that font.  Looks amateurish.  I prefer something more classic.

7 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Completely fine with the second one. The first one has that same awful font.

It's a different awful font, actually, but you're right, it is a poor design.  Agree on the second sweatshirt.  Ditch the hockey stick and puck and it's even better.

I started this topic and shared the original pic because I like most have struggled with why we are changing this name.  Had the administration not taken the approach to it the way they did I might have been more supportive.  As more time passes I like some are coming to grips with the change.  What scared me a little when I saw that first Fhawks shirt at Scheels is the thought that popped into my mind "That's my team, that's my alma mater, but i'm going to get so much $%*# for wearing that".  Not a good place to be when you struggle with the pride to not look past the change that like in so many other things isn't going away.  Let's be honest, there are a lot of bad nicknames in the NCAA, but the fan base owns it and supports it.  Look south...is a Bison, by today's standards which is not much different than a domesticated cow and that the fan base doesn't even pronounce the name right, a good nickname?  I don't think so, but those people...including the bandwagon fans of the last 5 years, own it and support it with pride.  We could definitely say the same thing about the Packers.  We can continue to pretend the change hasn't happened, try to ignore it, get called the fighting who for years to come and be the laughing stock of the Midwest for how this was handled, or suck it up, own the new name, logo, mascot or whatever and be a true fan of a university, and its sports teams and crush all that crap.  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

23 minutes ago, burronation said:

I started this topic and shared the original pic because I like most have struggled with why we are changing this name.  Had the administration not taken the approach to it the way they did I might have been more supportive.  As more time passes I like some are coming to grips with the change.  What scared me a little when I saw that first Fhawks shirt at Scheels is the thought that popped into my mind "That's my team, that's my alma mater, but i'm going to get so much $%*# for wearing that".  Not a good place to be when you struggle with the pride to not look past the change that like in so many other things isn't going away.  Let's be honest, there are a lot of bad nicknames in the NCAA, but the fan base owns it and supports it.  Look south...is a Bison, by today's standards which is not much different than a domesticated cow and that the fan base doesn't even pronounce the name right, a good nickname?  I don't think so, but those people...including the bandwagon fans of the last 5 years, own it and support it with pride.  We could definitely say the same thing about the Packers.  We can continue to pretend the change hasn't happened, try to ignore it, get called the fighting who for years to come and be the laughing stock of the Midwest for how this was handled, or suck it up, own the new name, logo, mascot or whatever and be a true fan of a university, and its sports teams and crush all that crap.  

So it's a pre-req to be a "true fan" of the university to "suck it up and own the name"? Roger. I'll get right on that. :silly:

Why does it have to be like this?? Can't I just be upset and still support my school? I thought I was doing that, but evidently not. Cripes.

• Upvote 2