SiouxSports.com Forum

Here comes the Merchandise

burronation

Whoever came up with the "hawkey" thing deserves a firm kick in the groin and a hard punch in the gut. Cutesy crap has never had a home at UND, well except for when they did that idiotic cartoon logo briefly in the late 60's.  That's the kind of crap that will lead them creating some sort of dumb ass mascot.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

Whoever came up with the "hawkey" thing deserves a firm kick in the groin and a hard punch in the gut. Cutesy crap has never had a home at UND, well except for when they did that idiotic cartoon logo briefly in the late 60's.  That's the kind of crap that will lead them creating some sort of dumb ass mascot.

Buccigross came up with it didn't he?

1 hour ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

Dude, relax.  just a play on words.  It's not that bad.  Not going to lead to a goofy bird mascot.  UND didn't want a cartoonish bird logo.  I doubt they are going to want a big cartoon bird mascot running around.  

I really don't hate the apparel, and I for sure wasn't in love with the name and/or logo at either's announcement. Some of the stuff is actually pretty cool,  I think. One thing I will say is, and I don't know if this is a camera or a computer screen thing, I usually like the logo when the green is green like the borders on this website, but as soon as it gets a hint of blue, I hate it.

4 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

Doesn't look like I'm getting anything UND related this year for Christmas, that's a sad day

Like I said.  Champion brand apparel is not the greatest.  And the bookstore seems to carry that mostly.  Bookstore merch has always been lame.  Even Sioux stuff. Scheels and the Sioux Shop should have some good stuff out.  

8 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Like I said.  Champion brand apparel is not the greatest.  And the bookstore seems to carry that mostly.  Bookstore merch has always been lame.  Even Sioux stuff. Scheels and the Sioux Shop should have some good stuff out.  

I meant if something says fighting Hawks on it and not just North Dakotah than I don't want it

1 hour ago, Emerald joker said:

I meant if something says fighting Hawks on it and not just North Dakotah than I don't want it

I need to go to the Sioux Shop and buy a spare jersey (North Dakota) to back up my 2 Sioux hockey jerseys.  I need to make the purchase before they start putting the lonesome dove patch on the shoulder.

6 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

I need to go to the Sioux Shop and buy a spare jersey (North Dakota) to back up my 2 Sioux hockey jerseys.  I need to make the purchase before they start putting the lonesome dove patch on the shoulder.

I have 8 Sioux jerseys, I don't really want to wear them out but that might happen lol. 8 jerseys should last me another 50 to 60 years if I plan to live to 100

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, northernraider said:

I think more stuff needs "University of North Dakota" instead of "North Dakota". 

Most people around the country, if they know about UND, still associate it with Sioux

North Dakota Fighting Hawks could just be the name of some club or professional sports team in Fargo to outsiders

I disagree.  How many club, semi pro, legion, etc teams play under the state name?  None.  They all play under the city name.  I don't think anyone is going to think that the North Dakota Fighting Hawks are some legion baseball team in Jamestown!!!  

2 hours ago, UND1981 said:

2 hours ago, Emerald joker said:

I have 8 Sioux jerseys, I don't really want to wear them out but that might happen lol. 8 jerseys should last me another 50 to 60 years if I plan to live to 100

Check your PM's, fellas...