SiouxSports.com Forum

Forum software update

jimdahl

I installed a notable update to the forum that included a new version of the editor. Hope this helps with some of the editor problems people have been having, it's certainly worked well for me so far! (the red quote line is gone!)

However, given that it was a significant update, I'm sure there will be some issues. Let me know of any problems.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

The New Content page is definitely different.

Yeah, that's the biggest complaint I've seen on their support forum (which I've been watching closely to decide when to jump).

They claim these "streams" are much better because you can set up streams other than just unread. But, I'm certainly not used to them yet.

Made me wonder if this is them dipping their toe in the water to consider moving away from a traditional 90s era paginated forum to something more feed-based like Twitter or Facebook.

1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

Also seems to be some buttons missing. When I hover over what should be the settings button it says link and brings that up. The link button says emoticon and brings that up. Align right shows/does align center. Break link button shows/does align right.

Seems like something is missing and messing everything up.

Yeah, it does seem like we're missing a few emoticon's... 

Most of the problems (apparently missing functions) are due to people having cached icons from the old system.

Clearing your browser's cache would fix it. So would a forced reload (holding Shift or Control while pressing reload on most computer browsers).

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jimdahl said:

Most of the problems (apparently missing functions) are due to people having cached icons from the old system.

Clearing your browser's cache would fix it. So would a forced reload (holding Shift or Control while pressing reload on most computer browsers).

That did it.  Thanks.

21 minutes ago, jimdahl said:

You don't a "Theme" dropdown at the bottom of the page? (right next to the Privacy Policy)

Nope. Tried googles browser and the default android. 

Also the default android web browser won't let me reply. The box never pops up it is stuck on the "click to choose files\insert other media." 

So I'm using Chrome. It shows the same reply box but actually pops up the reply box when I click it instead of doing nothing.

11 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Nope. Tried googles browser and the default android. 

Fixed. 

Also the default android web browser won't let me reply. The box never pops up it is stuck on the "click to choose files\insert other media." 

So I'm using Chrome. It shows the same reply box but actually pops up the reply box when I click it instead of doing nothing.

Given that it doesn't work in your usual browser, but does when you switch away to a less common one, I'm guessing that this is a browser cache issue as I described above.

Just take the URL to a tweet (e.g. http://twitter.com....), and paste it into the editor.

If you're having troubles getting the link to a specific tweet, hit the "...", click copy link, and then copy the link to your clipboard (Ctrl-C on windows, Cmd-C on apple).

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Cratter said:

Goon. Don't use the "Insert other media." 

Just post the link in the reply box and it automatically converts it for you.

But for me it only "pops up" after I clicked edit. Otherwise it looked like this:

https://twitter.com/siouxsports/status/667015788826611712

Do you have to do a hard <return> after posting the link? That seems to be what works for me when posting from my iPhone.

How do I get from Forums back to the Home page?  (SIouxSports.com)

I tried using the 'SiouxSports.com Home' link in the banner located next to 'Browse' and 'Activity' but it just brings me to the Forum Home page.  Did I miss an update somewhere?  I've been using an older IPad to view the site, maybe that's part of the issue?

2 hours ago, Blackheart said:

How do I get from Forums back to the Home page?  (SIouxSports.com)

I tried using the 'SiouxSports.com Home' link in the banner located next to 'Browse' and 'Activity' but it just brings me to the Forum Home page.  Did I miss an update somewhere?  I've been using an older IPad to view the site, maybe that's part of the issue?

The top right button (rectangle with row of lines graphic, right side of uppermost title bar) has the home link among other things