SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

3 minutes ago, Dagger said:

What was the deal  with Sequin.  When did his recruiting happen?

He was one of the 1st to commit in the most recent class.  His highlight film is solid.  He was even quoted in an article about how strong the UND recruiting class was looking.  Then, he just dropped off with no other news or commitments to anywhere else.  You can be a couch legend, or try to be the real thing on the field.  I am glad he came back around!!

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, SIOUXHAWK47 said:

Noah Larson with a wild performance at conference track meet this evening:

44'4" triple jump, 46'8" shot put and anchored 4X100 relay.  Crazy triple jump at 233 lbs!

NOAH CONFERENCE 2017.jpg

triple jump, shot put and anchor a 4x100 relay.  Now that is a combination. 

31 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Dream scenario is he comes in and starts and Jake can slide back outside.

Dream Scenario II:  (Bolded for emphasis: I'm not anointing someone early --- just dreaming here) Could this be the Joe Schobert that didn't get away (knock on wood)?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Dream scenario is he comes in and starts and Jake can slide back outside.

1 of the 2 inside backers has to make the calls for the front 7, and the correct calls is helpful.  Although he's played Outside up until spring, Jake is the guy the staff is most comfortable with making the correct calls and checks.  (O'Brien was that guy)  I see Noah Larson playing along side someone like Jake, but it's a huge ask of a true freshman to not only be physically ready to play, which N. Larson is, but also be mentally ready without slowing down his play.  All you are asking for is a DeLuca type player.......which would be a dream scenario.  I wonder if N. Larson is heading to GF early?  I am guessing he is.

3 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

1 of the 2 inside backers has to make the calls for the front 7, and the correct calls is helpful.  Although he's played Outside up until spring, Jake is the guy the staff is most comfortable with making the correct calls and checks.  (O'Brien was that guy)  I see Noah Larson playing along side someone like Jake, but it's a huge ask of a true freshman to not only be physically ready to play, which N. Larson is, but also be mentally ready without slowing down his play.  All you are asking for is a DeLuca type player.......which would be a dream scenario.  I wonder if N. Larson is heading to GF early?  I am guessing he is.

Rodgers isn't ready to make calls?

On 5/17/2017 at 9:17 AM, Teeder11 said:

Dream Scenario II:  (Bolded for emphasis: I'm not anointing someone early --- just dreaming here) Could this be the Joe Schobert that didn't get away (knock on wood)?

That is a great dream...would definitely help solve some potential depth problems at linebacker.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

I assume that is not hand held?

= to 10.6 hand held??  It's been a while, can anyone explain the times now-a-days?

That's from the state track meet.  So would assume no handheld.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

I assume that is not hand held?

= to 10.6 hand held??  It's been a while, can anyone explain the times now-a-days?

Each step away from totally hand held is supposedly .1 second slower. Electronic start and finish is obviously the slowest.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Worked out well for Johnny Walker, I'm sure this will end just as well.

Henderson certainly milked the recruiting process for as long as he could.  Like you said, here's to Double-J snatching up a couple 9th place finishes over the next few years, much like J-W.