SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

Logan Strom, a 6'8", 240 TE and power forward from Norfolk, NE, is receiving numerous offers in both sports.  Per Verbal Commits, we have offered him a BB scholarship on 4/20.  On his twitter, he acknowledged receiving an offer but didn't say it was for BB or FB.  There is a picture of him in the HPC on 4/16 so he was in town for Jr. Day.  I would guess the offer is for FB but won't list it on Wiki until it is confirmed. 

3 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Logan Strom, a 6'8", 240 TE and power forward from Norfolk, NE, is receiving numerous offers in both sports.  Per Verbal Commits, we have offered him a BB scholarship on 4/20.  On his twitter, he acknowledged receiving an offer but didn't say it was for BB or FB.  There is a picture of him in the HPC on 4/16 so he was in town for Jr. Day.  I would guess the offer is for FB but won't list it on Wiki until it is confirmed. 

That was a re-tweet of fellow Nebraska prospect Lane McCallum.

5 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

We offered a QB?!  Also has an offer from Cornell.

Looking at his twitter picture, I'd guess UND has a decent chance at him.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3360892/highlights/305358386

Good looking QB. Has the ability to sit in the pocket and make good decisions but also can run for yardage. Hopefully he ends up at UND!

I like this potential Edina connection long-term. After all, if UND is going to develop into a consistently top FCS program, they will need to do very well recruiting in the twin cities. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, UND Fan said:

Thanks to Oskie for confirming that we have offered Strom in BB.

19 hours ago, UND Fan said:

1 hour ago, UND Fan said:

Thanks to Oskie for confirming that we have offered Strom in BB.

Lets just get this guy to play both. Basketball players often make great TEs because they have good hands, and at 6'8", I'd love to see him catching some jump ball TDs.

On 4/27/2016 at 7:41 AM, UNDBIZ said:

We offered a QB?!  Also has an offer from Cornell.

Looking at his twitter picture, I'd guess UND has a decent chance at him.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3360892/highlights/305358386

He looks like he'd be a good fit for us.......could be Studsrud 2.0  We definitely need to get a top quality QB recruit this next year.  After this year and Keaton all we have are PWO QB's on our roster , Heidlebaugh was a PWO wasn't he, or was he scholarship?  Not that a PWO can't turn into a stud.  I am confident the staff will get this position some better depth and quality as we move into the future, but we seem to be walking a slippery slope right now with our current QB situation. 

6 hours ago, Fetch said:

So are there any recruits who will be absolute game changers coming in next fall ? 

Not likely to come across a Santiago very often.......

Our roster is coming together with some depth, just a guess but I think 2-3 could contribute, red shirts pulled this fall. Safety, Corner, OL, WR areas to watch.  We added an ILB and Corner before spring ball, both look very solid.  Neverrman rejoined at RB, too, after last season.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Fetch said:

So are there any recruits who will be absolute game changers coming in next fall ? 

"Game changer" is very lofty.  Almost unattainable.  There looks to  be some nice recruits not sure on the game changeing.  I have two that I've seen that really stand out: 

Torrey hunt I believe will play and play significant minutes.  Very fluid body.  Could possibly start

dijon Murray looks to contribute.  Aggressive and fast

potential shirts getting pulled: holm, canady, toivonen, and Randolph. A lot of talent is these guys. 

first year medical players that have impressed: 

bennett (stud), Rodgers, engwall and hopefully dulin.  

• Upvote 1