SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

4 hours ago, Momster said:

Junior Day invites went out for April 16th.  Who is confirmed for attendance?  Bueller? Bueller?  Any interesting targets?  QB's? What are they going to be recruiting for most next year?

I'm sure D-line will be on the list, as they didn't sign any in this last class. I've also heard that there's some interest in an O-lineman or two from my area, but don't know if they've been invited for a junior day. A scholarship QB will have to be in the mix, too.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 0:36 PM, LkvlleUNDFan said:

I'm sure D-line will be on the list, as they didn't sign any in this last class. I've also heard that there's some interest in an O-lineman or two from my area, but don't know if they've been invited for a junior day. A scholarship QB will have to be in the mix, too.

How many kids usually come to the Junior Day invite?  Anyone know what #'s they anticipate as far as attendance?

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 8:21 PM, Momster said:

How many kids usually come to the Junior Day invite?  Anyone know what #'s they anticipate as far as attendance?

I don't know the answer to your question but I would think others would know - I am curious myself.  I do know of a few MN kids who have been invited:

• Tyler Knutson, WR, Prior Lake
  • Esaiah Nolan, LB, St. Michael-Albertsville
  • Connor Cruise, OL, Waconia
  • Tyler Bentz, DL, Princeton
  • Seth Moren, LB, Red Wing

These along with quite a few other potential recruits have been added to Wiki.  I still don't have much insight into ND or NW MN kids who may be prospects.  If anyone has any names, let me know.

Momster - is your son attending?

2 hours ago, UND Fan said:

I don't know the answer to your question but I would think others would know - I am curious myself.  I do know of a few MN kids who have been invited:

These along with quite a few other potential recruits have been added to Wiki.  I still don't have much insight into ND or NW MN kids who may be prospects.  If anyone has any names, let me know.

My kiddo is planning on attending.

I know that Lincoln Gibbs, Langford Area, from SD,  was invited and attended their spring game last year, and I believe was invited and participated in a couple of unofficial visits and a season game.  He also attended their prospect camp last summer.  I spoke with him recently and he said he will be attending the Junior Day on April 16th.  He is the running back that broke 3 SD All-Class state records during the SD State championship game last year. Super nice kid, we've  been kind of watching him make the rounds throughout ND and SD  visits (NDSU, SDSU, USD) He's from our area and we are hoping he doesn't go outside of SD, ND, or MN. He's a 2017 prospect as well.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, UND Fan said:

These might be some names to watch in ND.

Tyrell Harris - Dickinson

Chase Teiken, Brandon Metz, Zac Willis  - West Fargo

Colton Cook - Minot

Hayden Reynolds- WF Shey

Dillan Jepson - Killdeer

Jackson Hankey - Park River

Wyatt Carr - Hazen

Calen Schwabe - Thompson

Jake Ihland - Richland

Cody Mauch - Hankinson

Hofer Twins - Larimore

6 minutes ago, nodakhoops said:

kThese might be some names to watch in ND.

Tyrell Harris - Dickinson

Chase Teiken, Brandon Metz, Zac Willis  - West Fargo

Colton Cook - Minot

Hayden Reynolds- WF Shey

Dillan Jepson - Killdeer

Jackson Hankey - Park River

Wyatt Carr - Hazen

Calen Schwabe - Thompson

Jake Ihland - Richland

Cody Mauch - Hankinson

Hofer Twins - Larimore

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, jjensen said:

UND offered Devin Wilson from Talladega, AL.  He has 4 other offers as well as NDSU

4th offer University of North Dakota

I had understood that we had offered Wilson in BB and posted the message below a couple of weeks ago.  Apparently you are correct and it is FB.  I wonder how SU and UND happened to both go after this kid from Talladega?  

Posted 23 March

It appears we have offered Devin Wilson, a 6'6", 250 lb PF from Alabama.  He averaged 21 pts and 12 rebounds a game this last year.  Getting a horse like him would be great.  He has four offers, one from Jacksonville St, trying to determine who the other two are.

28 minutes ago, jjensen said:

Leif Bungum an Ath from Dodge Center, MN playing for Triton High received an offer

7 minutes ago, liv4ndfootball said:

Zach Willis, West Fargo High.  Offered. Not sure if it's OL or DL. 

Both appear to be good kids and good football players. Hopefully it works out and they end up as Fighting Hawks.

I was getting concerned because the first three minutes is all throws to deep open receivers or runs. (He does have leg length and a stride similar to Studsrud.) It took going that far to see a couple of throws into the middle or deep outs. That's where you see both arm strength and judgment. 

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

We offered a QB?!  Also has an offer from Cornell.

Looking at his twitter picture, I'd guess UND has a decent chance at him.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3360892/highlights/305358386

We are sure focusing on Edina - signed three of their kids last year.  Maybe we will get a couple more this year - Boltmann and his favorite target, Parker Rickert.  

• Upvote 1