SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Playoff Selection Show Thread

cowboys5xsbs

As if we needed another reason to be bitter about this playoff situation, think for a moment how valuable it would be to have split allegiances around the state.  People gathering at homes and bars all over the state to watch UND in their first playoff game (or second this weekend).

Instead, its yet another year where the whole state gathers to watch the only game in town, as it has now for the 6th straight year.

Is anyone saying that UND doesn't have a good rushing game and rushing defense?  They clearly do but somebody or a Bison fan must have fired you all up to keep discussing it huh? 

Well it's been a couple days and here you are bringing it up again.....

I could read 37 pages to figure it out but i would assume the people mad would know the answer fairly quickly.  I guess that's a difficult question to answer for some reason.

if it's something you "care" about then 37 pages will fly right by. I know there aren't a whole lot of pictures to help you along the way with picture clues, being a Moo U guy and all, but buck up, you can do it, because you "care."  Besides, it seems you have more than enough time on your hands to be posting inane BS on another school's message board at 10 am on a Thursday. What else you got to do while you wait your turn at Job Service, right?

• Upvote 4

http://www.sltrib.com/home/3292345-155/college-football-big-sky-commissioner-wants

OK Mark Wilson. No advocates for a particular conference but somehow WIU knew they were in when they won their 6th game of the season?

Whether you like Fullerton or not, he deserves credit for not only speaking openly (sometimes to a fault) but also continuously looking at ways to improve. I'd rather have a commissioner who shoots high and aims at being better, even if they miss the mark sometimes, than one(s) that are reactionary and accept the status quo.

He also saw the value in taking the xDSU's when the league presidents did not.

The current system has been pretty good to the Big Sky.  The Big Sky has not won a non-conference playoff road game since 2008, but has lost 9 non-conference playoff home games since then.   In that same timespan the MVFC has 10 non-conf road playoff wins and 3 home non-conf playoff losses.

The Big Sky's biggest problem is that only 2 of the current 13 teams have made a deep playoff run in the last 30 years. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1