SiouxSports.com Forum

So I Guess Fighting Hawks It Is

geaux_sioux

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 1:28 PM, Siouxperfan7 said:

So there is a a lot of talking about what is to be done with the new banners that will be going up on other threads.  Will be curios to see what they do when the new logo comes out in May.

New logo deadline is May 1 or 31?

5 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

there was one spotted shot by a rancher near Williston a couple days ago

FYP. 

Rumors that the "rancher" used a CCM Ultra Tacks left-handed stick can not be confirmed at this writing. ;):D

Wait. My report is from Cincinnati. 

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't matter who you are if he slaps it on a hockey jersey that's an infringement. On a hat or regular shirt he might get away with it because UND can't tell someone they can't make artwork of a hawk.  

24 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I've heard Ben Brien is working on a legit rendition of a fighting Hawks logo. Not sure what his plans are with it but I'm curious to see how it turns out.

What a great way for people to accept the new (official) logo....make an unofficial alternate one that people may like more!! 

• 7 years later...
On 3/13/2016 at 4:01 PM, MafiaMan said:

Once the logo is announced and UND starts selling gear with it displayed (ESPECIALLY on the front of hockey jerseys), the amount of Hawks gear in the arenas will pick up and continue to grow.  It's not gonna happen overnight.

still waiting on the "front of the hockey jerseys"... :0

22 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:
  • No bumping threads. Do not post in threads for the sole purpose of making them rise to the top of the display. Avoid posting in old threads or responding to old posts without compelling reason.

https://forum.siouxsports.com/guidelines/ 

So reminiscing about the timeline of the new logo when we just dropped a secondary logo and seeing a guy that still posts on here (mafiaman) and quoting him about where the hockey team's jerseys with the new logo is against sioux sports guidelines...

uff dah...just give me the gfhockey 3 month suspension Dean Wormer

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

You dredged up a thread idle for 7.5 years.

why is that bad....no trolling no bringing up non-relevant stuff......mafiaman said the logo would be accpetd more when the logo gets on the front of the hockey jersey...7 years later neither has happened. 

btw the old threads are very very fun to go thru sometimes......there is pure gold in some of those posts!

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

why is that bad....no trolling no bringing up non-relevant stuff......mafiaman said the logo would be accpetd more when the logo gets on the front of the hockey jersey...7 years later neither has happened. 

btw the old threads are very very fun to go thru sometimes......there is pure gold in some of those posts!

I think some gentle coaching could have been used here, @The Sicatoka :D .... @SIOUXFAN97, I can think of at least two threads where we could put that comment into that have been used this week. I think that's what he's getting at.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

I think the bigger issue here is that you are actually believing something that Mafiaman wrote.:wink:

• Upvote 1

On 10/9/2023 at 11:07 AM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

still waiting on the "front of the hockey jerseys"... :0

OK, I’ll play along.  

Had North Dakota come up with a decent logo, fans would have been more likely to eventually embrace new gear.  That obviously did not happen.  Instead, 7 years later, we have grown adults buying $300-$350 authentic jerseys, promptly ripping off shoulder patches,  and replacing them with Indian head logos or interlocking ND’s.  It also doesn’t help when the coaching staff comes up with its own brand identity to further keep the official nickname on the back shelf.  

The biggest beneficiary of the Fighting Sioux nickname and logo more than a decade after its retirement would still seem to be the Chinese Communist Party.  I bet there are easily 2,500-3,000+ $40-$50 China fakes in the stands at every home game.  They’re literally everywhere.

Anything else?

6 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

OK, I’ll play along.  

Had North Dakota come up with a decent logo, fans would have been more likely to eventually embrace new gear.  That obviously did not happen.  Instead, 7 years later, we have grown adults buying $300-$350 authentic jerseys, promptly ripping off shoulder patches,  and replacing them with Indian head logos or interlocking ND’s.  It also doesn’t help when the coaching staff comes up with its own brand identity to further keep the official nickname on the back shelf.  

The biggest beneficiary of the Fighting Sioux nickname and logo more than a decade after its retirement would still seem to be the Chinese Communist Party.  I bet there are easily 2,500-3,000+ $40-$50 China fakes in the stands at every home game.  They’re literally everywhere.

Anything else?

MM...wasn't trolling...just an honest question. Agree with almost all of what you said above. Just fun to go thru some old threads and see what people were saying at the time and what actually happened ....just don't tell @The Sicatoka bc the next strike is a lifetime ban.

and f the ccp