SiouxSports.com Forum

So I Guess Fighting Hawks It Is

geaux_sioux

Yik Yak is ablaze with Hawk propaganda, like...oh I don't know...THAT STUPID UNUSABLE LOGO. THOSE STUPID IDIOT MORON STUPID IDIOTS! 
Cannot WAIT for their reaction when we don't get that...
uccd6.gif

If they are really that big of moronic lemmings (which I'm not sure I believe), then they got what they deserve.  The collateral damage got the rest of us.  

Haha, not sure how "Tomahawks" makes this list, but could you imagine that logo possibility!? :lol:

Oh, don't think I haven't.  In reality, it's probably even necessary to distinguish us from other Hawk hockey teams like those cake eaters that are a thorn in the side of the Mighty Ducks.  Best part is, Fighting 'Hawks and a logo such as this likely wouldn't need University approval to use:

index.jpg

Welcome to UND, Fighting Hawks (I guess :()

The question now is how do we differentiate ourselves from the other thirty plus Hawks teams the Fighting Hawks will be playing against.

By ignoring this whole debacle and continuing to sport my "UND" gear and calling the teams "North Dakota."

• Upvote 1

"Here's your University of North Dakota Fighting Hawks SCORING!..." yeah, that's sounds pretty lame. (I would say gay, but that's not too PC these days. As then we would need a committee to determine a more appropriate derogatory word to describe this debacle of an unbiased process).

• Upvote 3

I know this will surprise a lot of people here, but i'm just glad we're not the Roughriders!   Whew!   :p

Now that 98.6% of us have seen our preferred choice(s) lose, I hope everyone can get past their original preferences, and get behind the Fighting Hawks.  

It will be up to the fans to own this nickname and make it successful. 

Let's Go UND Fighting Hawks!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2