SiouxSports.com Forum

Predict the percentage

SWSiouxMN

50.5% - 49.5%.  Kelley will declare it "too close to call" and there will be yet another runoff!!

Comrade Kelley and the Politburo met this morning.  He is pleased to announce that "sUNDogs" is the new nickname choice - with 79,998 write-in votes.   Roughriders and Fighting Hawks finished in a tie for 2nd - each with 1 vote.

Press conference at noon.

The fact that one of these two will actually have a 50%+ is a joke.  The only reason to have more than one round of voting is to deceive.  To create the illusion of support where very little actually exists.

That's exactly why they had to add another round of voting (after screwing things up by changing the rules based on the results of the first vote that saw Nodaks eliminated).  They created a situation in which the winner wasn't likely to have support from at least half of the voters, and knew that such a result would breed even more discontent.  

How it took them so long to figure that out is another matter entirely.  The whole process has been amateur hour at best. 

• Upvote 2

That's exactly why they had to add another round of voting (after screwing things up by changing the rules based on the results of the first vote that saw Nodaks eliminated).  They created a situation in which the winner wasn't likely to have support from at least half of the voters, and knew that such a result would breed even more discontent.  

How it took them so long to figure that out is another matter entirely.  The whole process has been amateur hour at best. 

amateur hour without the free buffet.

• Upvote 1

I thought you were a Nodak then Roughrider guy?

Nope, but when you dig back and see my rankings for RR higher then FH, keep looking to the post after when I say I used to have RR my next choice until the sky is falling talk and all other names are bad for UND, sanctions will come back, Sioux forever, the word fighting....blah blah blah made me not want to vote for it. Even though if it wins I will support it, but I did NOT want to side with the 4-6+ people on here...:)

You were ready to paste and question me weren't you....:lol:

Nope, but when you dig back and see my rankings for RR higher then FH, keep looking to the post after when I say I used to have RR my next choice until the sky is falling talk and all other names are bad for UND, sanctions will come back, Sioux forever, the word fighting....blah blah blah made me not want to vote for it. Even though if it wins I will support it, but I did NOT want to side with the 4-6+ people on here...:)

You were ready to paste and question me weren't you....:lol:

I was just curious. Though I do find it amusing that a couple of random, anonymous people on the internet were easily able to sway your vote. To each their own.

The official notice of a presser for today is below:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

NEWS CONFERENCE  NOTICE: UND to announce new nickname TODAY

The University of North Dakota will  hold a news conference today, Wednesday, Nov. 18, at 10 a.m.in the Television Center in Skalicky Hall on the most western edge of the UND campus to announce the new nickname for the University of North Dakota.

WHAT:  News Conference  to announce UND’s new nickname

WHEN:  Wednesday, Nov. 18, 10 a.m.

WHERE:  Television Center, Skalicky Hall (on the western edge of the UND campus)

WHO:  President Robert Kelley, Others

Peter Johnson

Executive Associate Vice President for University Relations

Division of University & Public Affairs

University of North Dakota

(701) 777-4317 work

(701) 740-5398 cell

The official notice of a presser for today is below:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

NEWS CONFERENCE  NOTICE: UND to announce new nickname TODAY

The University of North Dakota will  hold a news conference today, Wednesday, Nov. 18, at 10 a.m.in the Television Center in Skalicky Hall on the most western edge of the UND campus to announce the new nickname for the University of North Dakota.

WHAT:  News Conference  to announce UND’s new nickname

WHEN:  Wednesday, Nov. 18, 10 a.m.

WHERE:  Television Center, Skalicky Hall (on the western edge of the UND campus)

WHO:  President Robert Kelley, Others

Peter Johnson

Executive Associate Vice President for University Relations

Division of University & Public Affairs

University of North Dakota

(701) 777-4317 work

(701) 740-5398 cell

Why do I have a feeling I'll be disappointed but not surprised.....................