SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. Minnesota in Las Vegas - October 2018

fargosioux

I am glad to see that Thome had his off night on Friday v. Mankato.  It is time for him to step back up to the plate and lead by example.  I trust that the coaching staff / alumni around the program have properly instilled the importance of a Sioux v. Gopher game in the minds -- & HEARTS -- of the current players.  This game has HUGE implications down the road for Pairwise rankings, etc.  

BTW, I still have three (3) blueline tickets in Row L for those of you with friends or family in or close enough to Vegas to make the game.  They are NOT priced at StubHub inflated prices -- I would just like to cover my cost, including multiple FedEx charges to get them into my hands.  We will be at Saturday's pre-party for delivery.  See my eBay feedback (user ID = unk_in_nwmn) if you need a little reassurance of my performance as a seller!  PayPal payment protects you & me, too.

1 hour ago, Sioux Me said:

I am glad to see that Thome had his off night on Friday v. Mankato.  It is time for him to step back up to the plate and lead by example.  I trust that the coaching staff / alumni around the program have properly instilled the importance of a Sioux v. Gopher game in the minds -- & HEARTS -- of the current players.  This game has HUGE implications down the road for Pairwise rankings, etc.  

BTW, I still have three (3) blueline tickets in Row L for those of you with friends or family in or close enough to Vegas to make the game.  They are NOT priced at StubHub inflated prices -- I would just like to cover my cost, including multiple FedEx charges to get them into my hands.  We will be at Saturday's pre-party for delivery.  See my eBay feedback (user ID = unk_in_nwmn) if you need a little reassurance of my performance as a seller!  PayPal payment protects you & me, too.

Is this entire post indicating you're dreaming? Or... is something nefarious coming?! Are you omnipresent?!?! 

• Upvote 1

On 10/21/2018 at 5:53 PM, tnt said:

He said they want to keep demand, and with all the tickets for sale online for Orleans, the environment in T-Mobile would not have been good half full

If T-Mobile had been 65% full, the gophers would have felt like it was a home game...

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, siouxforcefans said:

I was just thinking something similar, as I was wondering if the rodents are any good.  They have a ton of talent, as always, but that hasn't consistently translated into success for them.  What's this year look like?  Has Mots started to get them to care about playing as a team?

The Bulldogs lost pretty handily in game two against the Gophers. I thought UMD looked slow against the Gophers. So, I don’t think the Gophers are going to be an easy out.

25 minutes ago, Pump It Up said:

I send my regards to anyone flying Allegiant out of BIS tonight. Oxygen leak, new plane en route from Vegas, the 9:15 pm departure is now slated for 4:30 am. And TSA is closed between midnight and 4. Down to warm beers, but that will end shortly.

Thoughts and prayers.

Jesus...

39 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Too bad CBS Sports isn’t airing tomorrow’s game...we keep hearing about exposure of college hockey and to have gotten it at a national level would have been really great. 

Agreed, I'm not complaining about being able to watch it on Midco but this is a missed opportunity for CBS Sports and college hockey in general to show off an amazing atmosphere by 2 storied rivals. I remember watching the game vs BC at MSG multiple times on replay despite having gone to the game. The production quality and atmosphere came across really well on a national broadcast.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Agreed, I'm not complaining about being able to watch it on Midco but this is a missed opportunity for CBS Sports and college hockey in general to show off an amazing atmosphere by 2 storied rivals. I remember watching the game vs BC at MSG multiple times on replay despite having gone to the game. The production quality and atmosphere came across really well on a national broadcast.

Agree that it would be an awesome game to showcase, probably the best regular season game you could put on national TV.  Sadly, it shows you where college hockey, and hockey in general, ranks as far as national interest goes. 

Mid to low level FBS football games tonight (listed below) on CBS College Sports will get more viewers than the most storied rivalry in College Hockey would, live from Vegas.

6:30 PM et

2018 NCAA Football: Louisiana Tech vs FAU - 10/26/18

2018 NCAA Football: Louisiana Tech vs FAU - 10/26/18

10:00 PM et

2018 NCAA Football: Wyoming vs Colorado St - 10/26/18

2018 NCAA Football: Wyoming vs Colorado St - 10/26/18

7 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Agree that it would be an awesome game to showcase, probably the best regular season game you could put on national TV.  Sadly, it shows you where college hockey, and hockey in general, ranks as far as national interest goes. 

Mid to low level FBS football games tonight (listed below) on CBS College Sports will get more viewers than the most storied rivalry in College Hockey would, live from Vegas.

Hockey in general is a regional sport, I don't get the surprise that a game that is played on frozen water is less popular that one that can be played anywhere in the world at any time with just a football.  Anyone can step outside and play catch with a football, but you can't go outside and have a skate or shoot on a net unless you live in northern states and have means to afford expensive skates, sticks, etc. and have outdoor rinks or have access to limited ice time in southern states. I don't see it as a bad thing, it's just different.

That being said, does anyone have access to the viewer numbers for the UND v BC game at MSG? I'd be curious to see how it did.