SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. Minnesota in Las Vegas - October 2018

fargosioux

13 hours ago, cberkas said:

After listening to the interview of Jody, such an opportunity missed not playing at T-Mobile.

He said they want to keep demand, and with all the tickets for sale online for Orleans, the environment in T-Mobile would not have been good half full

3 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Flights became really expensive for this game, so they're not the easiest sell. I also know several who had to drop out after that snow 2 weeks ago pushed back harvest. 

...and all the people thinking twice about paying $50 more per ticket probably wouldn't be going with the travel prices anyway.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Flights became really expensive for this game, so they're not the easiest sell. I also know several who had to drop out after that snow 2 weeks ago pushed back harvest. 

They only became expensive because people waited until the last minute to book a flight.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, siouxweet said:

They only became expensive because people waited until the last minute to book a flight.

Still haven't book our flights. Too many variables this week that need to shake out. Will probably be a less than 24 hour booking. 

Ya, how about Allegiant adding another flight to/from GF and Fargo and still pricing them 340 each way from the beginning.  Understand supply and demand, but that's crazy.  They're not exactly the most reliable and with their fees and nonexistent customer service,  I won't be flying with them anytime soon.

4 minutes ago, hky said:

Ya, how about Allegiant adding another flight to/from GF and Fargo and still pricing them 340 each way from the beginning.  Understand supply and demand, but that's crazy.  They're not exactly the most reliable and with their fees and nonexistent customer service,  I won't be flying with them anytime soon.

Guessing the logistics for them to get extra planes here wasn't worth it for them. They don't have tons of extra planes to begin with and to fly empty ones to GF/Fargo, then have it sit for a coue days before coming back from Vegas only up leave empty and go somewhere else just wasn't worth it for them. Flexibility and their business model don't exactly go hand in hand. I'm guessing they filled the existing flights at high prices and are happy with that. 

30 minutes ago, omahasioux1 said:

How about to Denver and go Denver to Vegas.

I'm doing that on United out of Bismarck for about $460. I think Frontier out of Bismarck was still relatively cheap, but the return flight required an overnight stay in Denver, so there's another $100 hotel. 

1 hour ago, siouxweet said:

This is wrong.  They were expensive almost right away.  Allegiant knew what was going on and flights departing from anywhere in ND for them have had premium pricing for months.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, TheFlop said:

This is wrong.  They were expensive almost right away.  Allegiant knew what was going on and flights departing from anywhere in ND for them have had premium pricing for months.

Allegiant was also very high here in Sioux Falls when I searched 6 months ago when I acquired game tix! We ended up finding the cheapest deal out of Frontier in Omaha. In response to this game announcement, Allegiant definitely jacked up fares regionally...and has been that way for months, not just recently!

• Upvote 2