SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. Minnesota in Las Vegas - October 2018

fargosioux

4 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

In NYC, they had the football team's playoff game on the screens at the pre-game party. You'd be surprised how into the game the "hockey-only" fans were :wink:

haha... I want them to be forced to watch it :sneaky:

29 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I emailed the ralph to ask about the football game.  Would be a great idea to have a football watch party in Vegas.  Potential missed opportunity if they do not do anything.  

Likely going to be a decision that will have to be made by Midco due to logistics, unless they can find an easy way to stream WatchBigSky or Pluto.

53 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Maybe I missed it, but has UND released pregame party info/gatherings for fans in Vegas next weekend?  If so, can someone post it?  

http://theralph-2014.production.carbonhouse.com/assets/doc/Fan-Guide-U.S.-Hockey-Hall-of-Fame-Game-Las-Vegas-1590af843e.pdf?camefrom=EMCL_2524960_114594834

• Upvote 2

Got an email reply - looks like they will try to do what they can with the football game.

"Thanks for the question. We are going to try and show the UND football game on the large video board at the pre-game party. We don’t have all of the technical issues resolved yet, but we are trying to do that. With the 2:00 pm game time in Grand Forks, the game will occur from 12 noon to 3 pm in Las Vegas. With a 2:00 pm opening time for the tailgate party, we hope to catch the latter parts of the second half of the football game in Vegas. We’ll miss the 12 noon to 2 pm portion, but we hope to have the latter parts of the game on the video board. We’ll update www.Vegas18.com if we get that squared away."

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

Got an email reply - looks like they will try to do what they can with the football game.

"Thanks for the question. We are going to try and show the UND football game on the large video board at the pre-game party. We don’t have all of the technical issues resolved yet, but we are trying to do that. With the 2:00 pm game time in Grand Forks, the game will occur from 12 noon to 3 pm in Las Vegas. With a 2:00 pm opening time for the tailgate party, we hope to catch the latter parts of the second half of the football game in Vegas. We’ll miss the 12 noon to 2 pm portion, but we hope to have the latter parts of the game on the video board. We’ll update www.Vegas18.com if we get that squared away."

Good info.  Sounds like there is potential for a well-lathered crowd by the time the game starts on Saturday night.

2 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Thanks for looking into this and contacting UND.  It saved me from doing the same.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

In NYC, they had the football team's playoff game on the screens at the pre-game party. You'd be surprised how into the game the "hockey-only" fans were :wink:

There's actually less hockey only fans than the # of times hockey only fans are mentioned on this forum. Then there are also Bison fans that are Hawk Hockey only fans! 

On 10/11/2018 at 8:42 AM, Siouxperfan7 said:

Eventually you may see throwback references to the Sioux name on jerseys.  But not this soon after the debacle.  So I would say it is a long shot.  And by long shot, I mean zero chance of happening.  Some day.

Do you want to eat crow now or later?

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2018/10/18/mens-hockey-north-dakota-to-recognize-1958-59-ncaa-championship-team.aspx

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

The post you quoted me on was referencing UND wearing Sioux jerseys in Vegas.  I said it was not going to happen.  Which it isn't.  I also said "Eventually you may see throwback references to the Sioux name on jerseys" and that it would happen "Some day."  That day is now Dec 29th, 2018.  So technically I was right in everything I said! :wink::D

9 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The post you quoted me on was referencing UND wearing Sioux jerseys in Vegas.  I said it was not going to happen.  Which it isn't.  I also said "Eventually you may see throwback references to the Sioux name on jerseys" and that it would happen "Some day."  That day is now Dec 29th, 2018.  So technically I was right in everything I said! :wink::D

Well the Vegas game jerseys have not been reveled and you also said it wouldn't happen this soon. Dec 29th is soon. So technically you were wrong! :p

8 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I think it's missing the boat if both these teams dont wear some throwbacks to the 50s or 60s.

The article Brad wrote says UND will wear the jerseys during an exhibition game, yet the 1959 team isn't actually being honored until 2 weeks later against CC. Not hard to connect the dots to see the correlation.

On 10/19/2018 at 8:42 AM, jdub27 said:

The article Brad wrote says UND will wear the jerseys during an exhibition game, yet the 1959 team isn't actually being honored until 2 weeks later against CC. Not hard to connect the dots to see the correlation.

I'm referring to the vegas game, which of course the will not be the Sioux sweater game. But a national highlight game vs gooftown in throwback threads would be awesome.