SiouxSports.com Forum

And then there were 2....

SWSiouxMN

or maybe Kelly just got off the phone with the consultants and they said they just found out about this small school in Maryland that might put up a stink about UND being called the Fighting Hawks considering UMES have been the Fighting Hawks for a 100 years....

kinda like the cars.com app commercial..."we messed up"

Edited by SIOUXFAN97

Considering how intellingent crows are, that wouldn't have been as odious as some of the choices.  The fact there's a Crow tribe probably would have made it DOA.

i was thinking the same thing.  Would take the Fighting Crows in a heartbeat over a hawks related name

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If true, guessing someone within the athletic department either knew something that wasn't public info or not officially decided and told it to the announcers in the pregame meeting. 

If true, guessing someone within the athletic department either knew something that wasn't public info or not officially decided and told it to the announcers in the pregame meeting. 

that's my guess, too. 

the x-files side of me says the announcer knew the name too...he asked the 100 year old guy which one he like and he said fh...the younger said he like rr...there was something in his voice that said he knew and wanted everyone to know he knew and he let everyone know he liked the winner!!!!

the x-files side of me says the announcer knew the name too...he asked the 100 year old guy which one he like and he said fh...the younger said he like rr...there was something in his voice that said he knew and wanted everyone to know he knew and he let everyone know he liked the winner!!!!

you and espn3 guy are teases in my book