SiouxSports.com Forum

And then there were 2....

SWSiouxMN

Anyone else think that the new name will also be announced with a new logo?  If you think about it, it is really the way to go about making an announcement like this.  No need to keep the debate going for another 8 months on what the logo will be.  I would be in favor of UND holding a press comference and announcing both at the same time.  Think it will happen??

Anyone else think that the new name will also be announced with a new logo?  If you think about it, it is really the way to go about making an announcement like this.  No need to keep the debate going for another 8 months on what the logo will be.  I would be in favor of UND holding a press comference and announcing both at the same time.  Think it will happen??

That would be nice, but its too logical.

I'm expecting the same tired old email that says nickname results, read the results, generic statement by administration, etc. etc. etc. Probably sometime tomorrow

I think they will hire a professional to design a logo after the powers that be decide the general idea of how they want it to look.  

Or maybe the GFPD sketch artist is working on it right now and will have something ready by announcement time. 

I think they will hire a professional to design a logo after the powers that be decide the general idea of how they want it to look.  

Or maybe the GFPD sketch artist is working on it right now and will have something ready by announcement time. 

I've heard that they've had the Northstars logo ready to go since summer, so presumably they'll announce that at the same time as the Northstars bombshell.

• Upvote 2

I've heard that they've had the Northstars logo ready to go since summer, so presumably they'll announce that at the same time as the Northstars bombshell.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings any. It was far and away the best name of the final 5 which I know isn't saying much.......if not for the fact it is tied to Minnesota

I find it ridiculous that they have to supposedly "tabulate" the results from on online vote. They University should have had two press releases ready to go out with right away this morning. When votes and surveys are conducted online the results are immediate. All results are come in a value 1 or value 2 and are dumped into a database.  There is no tabulating that needs to be done. Waiting to make an announcement botches the process even more. I guess I didn't expect anything better though. 

I'm guessing you open all your presents on Christmas Eve, too.  For a "botched" process, you sure are antsy about the outcome.  Relax.

So Fighting Crows will or will not be implemented immediately? Will it be unofficial when they announce Fighting Sparrows won, because they have to register and trademark it...then I assume it becomes official? Then maybe 35 years later we figure out which style bird head befits the Fighting Finches.  So in that case at this weeks games we will still be UND, not yet known as the Fighting Warblers? I'm just glad this whole thing is crystal clear

• Upvote 1

I just don't think he'll be stupid enough to pull a stunt like that and then expect no push back. 

You mean like taking North Dakota off the ballot?  Or trying to go into the final runoff with three options instead of two?  I think you're giving the guy too much credit. 

So Fighting Crows will or will not be implemented immediately? Will it be unofficial when they announce Fighting Sparrows won, because they have to register and trademark it...then I assume it becomes official? Then maybe 35 years later we figure out which style bird head befits the Fighting Finches.  So in that case at this weeks games we will still be UND, not yet known as the Fighting Warblers? I'm just glad this whole thing is crystal clear

there's some Scandinavian folklore that kinda makes Crows cool.

that or the student section is a bunch of GoT fans and Nodak Nation becomes the Night's Watch

Considering how intellingent crows are, that wouldn't have been as odious as some of the choices.  The fact there's a Crow tribe probably would have made it DOA.