SiouxSports.com Forum

It's showtime! Sioux @ Minnesota

ScottM

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim Hennesey was talking about the quote of the week when he told Blaiser your going to have your hands full with Minnesota this weekend. Blais remarked Minnesota is going to have their hand full with us... I love it...

Oh, I hope the players are going to Mariucci with that kind of attitude.  You know Notermann and some of the others are.  Hopefully the freshman understand this is MORE than a league game.   I don't give the Sioux a much of a chance this weekend but if they are learning to play more aggressively, and carry this sort of attitude, they might be able to take advantage of the goofs one night.

Minnesota is prime for the picking, they did not look that great against FSU or Denver their last WCHA series. Sure they are a good team but we can beat them... If they insist on playing Hauser I would be willing to bet our chances improve. One of my buddies that is part of the BSU Hockey media thinks Hauser was a wasted draft pick for the Oilers...

Realistically speaking UND is on the verge of having either a really good season or a mediocre season. UND is not a bunch of hacks.

GO4FER

It's easy for you to make that statement when everyone knows the odds, as they are in every professional league, are against him.  But I wouldn't be surprised to see him make it.

Look I am having fun with this week, I am realistic though, I tried to make a bet with a Gopher fan today my bet: A case a beer the Sioux split series. He didn't want to make the bet. As far as Hauser, I don't know, there are a lot of goalies out there.

As far as Hauser goes there might be hope him making the next level, he will probably be at least a ECHL goalie if he wants to be. What he does is at the next level is based on his commitment level and if he gets someone to work with him on technical stuff. Hauser is big and that is one things the pros like about their goalies... Also, again I can't refute another persons quote, just putting it out there for some debate.

Go4Fan, you suggested Hauser is playing better because he is getting pushed by better back-ups.  I always suspected that he was under enormous pressure all alone in goal the last 3 years and that was too big a load to bear by himself.

I suppose either of us could be right.

Go4fan,

Here is my question why do Gopher fans get so defensive when fans of other teams mention the odvious with Adam Hauser? I mean I am sure he is a great kid no doubt but many have tried to prop him up as being one of the best Golden Gophers of all time. Funny... I think Stevie Debus was a much better goalie.

Fankly Hauser is not worthy to carry Rob Stauber's jock. As far as fundimentally, Weber is way more sound than Hauser.

Siembida, in his first game as a Sioux, played in front of 18,000 hostile fans and won the GLI Tournament.  Blais is being careful not to be publicly too optimistic, but I think we will see Siembida as the main UND goaltender by the end of the season.

As for the Gophers, keep thinking you will sweep us.  Its a foregone conclusion, right?  

UND just beat the #4 team in the nation and will have Mazurak back this weekend.  The top line of Bayda-Skarperud-Massen has finally been established and looked to have good chemistry.  Massen has scored 6 points in the last 4 games, if I'm not mistaken.

Go Sioux.

Don't know that Blais will throw Siembida (did I finally spell it right?) to the wolves (or is it just gophers) this weekend. Wouldn't be surprised to see Andy back in net one night if he practiced well this week.

Sprig I will bet you a 6 pack of your favorite adult beverage that ANDY will not play this weekend... I believe that the Sioux can not risk messing up success to appeass a failing Senior...

What would it do to him getting bombed in a big game after he hasn't played in a long time.  We need to play Brandt if he can't do the Job Josh needs a shot. I'd take either goalie over Andy...

(Edited by Goon at 10:47 am on Jan. 4, 2002)

Goaltenders, by their very nature, are, how should we say it, unique.

Goalies wear "old pads" when they change teams for a good reason. Breaking in a new set of pads is hard.

I had a goalie ask me to help break in a set of new, very stiff leg pads once. I was thinking "shot after shot after shot." Nope.

We went to a relative of mine's farm, he sprayed down the leather with saddle soap and leather cleaner, and then (what he needed me for, because he couldn't drive one) he had me drive over them with a four-wheel drive tractor. Back and forth and back and forth. Scary thing is .... it worked! They softened up!

Quote: from Goon on 10:45 am on Jan. 4, 2002

Sprig I will bet you a 6 pack of your favorite adult beverage that ANDY will not play this weekend... I believe that the Sioux can not risk messing up success to appeass a failing Senior...

(Edited by Goon at 10:47 am on Jan. 4, 2002)

Goon,

Don't you owe someone in Minnie-soda a 6 already? Actually, I said I wouldn't be surprised if Kollar got a start, wouldn't be surprised if he didn't either.

So, you'll just have to drink my Guiness yourself, and I'll keep your (insert cheapest stuff available here).:}

I made a bet with Huskie 1 you know that guy that has been beating his chest about the SCCC hussies... I would have paid him if I would have run into him at the Final five but it is hard to just run into someone in a crowd of 18,000 people...

I also bet a twelve with Bob's brother from the prideonice.com web page but I paid that one off, however, they have different standards in Minnesota. Apparently you can't drink any of the case you paid to them, hence, I did drimk some the bear so apparently the bet was not paid in full, I guess. But I suppopse you have to be a Uofm Grad or to understand that kind of logic...

Actually I like Gunniess, but I am a miller lite person...

Not sure where to put this, so here will do.  Just to give you an idea how stinkin' lousy UND's four-game losing streak was last month, here is what the opponents have done since.  After sweeping UND at REA 6-4 and 6-0, Mantanko is 1-6, underscoring their opponents in the six losses 6-24.  This includes tonight's loss to Alabama.

Wis (hing for a new coach) consin is 0-2-1, including a loss to Brown.

I still think CC will finish fourth, leaving us in a battle for fifth with Mankato, Wisconsin, and AA.  I'm pretty sure Wisconsin won't be fifth, as their schedule is real tough.  Mankato's remaining WCHA schedule is very light, so they have a shot if they can play better.  And who knows about AA; they seem to be getting better.

By the way, the Sioux go into the Gopher series in eighth place now, as AA is winning 8-1 over MTU in the waning minutes of their game.

The Sioux can get there if the hints at the GLI are for real.  But they can't be dropping any more games to bad teams like Mankato and Wisconsin.  On that note, will Duluth please win a game?  I don't want to have to face them still looking for their first WCHA win.

OK, Go Sioux... get some points out of Mariucci.

Yeah, yeah.  We all know the gophers "choked" and handed us the game tonight.  (Insert B.S. look here ;) )What a bunch of bullsh!t.  Sure the gophers SHOULD have won, but our guys gritted it out and worked to win.  This is a nice win.  

Nice effort across the board, reminded me teams of past, especially in the third.  Good win for Siembida, love those pads.  ;)

ScottM:

I was catching MAJOR sh!t for posting on UM's "Prideonice.com" board tonight.  What a bunch of sore losers.

Of course, I freely admit that I was extremely critical after UND dropped 4 in a row vs UM_Mankato and Wisconsin.  However, I never stopped being a fan and I am happy to say that Blais has done a good job of teaching the youngsters how to play at the college level.

Truth be told, UM is overconfident and cockey.

Go Sioux.