SiouxSports.com Forum

yababy8

University of North Dakota Fighting Yokels...

University of North Dakota Fighting Rubes...

University of North Dakota Fighting Nodaks...

University of North Dakota Fighting Putzes...

University of North Dakota Fighting Hicks...

All sounds the same to me and about everyone else...

• Upvote 2

We get it man. You think very little of North Dakotans people, it's odd you frequent this board with you distaste for them but to each his own. 

• Upvote 2

Being proud to be known as the Fighting Sioux and always honoring and remembering that tradition is one thing.  But there are people that will refuse to move on and acknowledge the new nickname that UND will adopt and will wear Fighting Sioux apparel and yell "Sioux" at games many years after a new name is selected.  Those are the "Fighting Sioux Forever" fans that people are upset with.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

4229697_1_l.jpg

In the event of a Nodak majority vote, Reddy Kilowatt is available and will pick up the phone if UND calls.  

Reddy Kilowatt make taz laugh.  He funny!  Happy little lightning bolt bastard.  Change his pointy elf shoes to skates, work gloves to hockey gloves, and nose to a goal light and we may have something.  And, what's up with the "Hey, I have a great idea!" look?  Just because he's got a 100W incandescent sticking out of his face doesn't mean he's always got a great idea.  Maybe it involves sticking a metal object in his ear?  Hey Reddy, I have an idea too.  It's:  vote for Nodaks or Fighting Hawks!

• Upvote 1

Being proud to be known as the Fighting Sioux and always honoring and remembering that tradition is one thing.  But there are people that will refuse to move on and acknowledge the new nickname that UND will adopt and will wear Fighting Sioux apparel and yell "Sioux" at games many years after a new name is selected.  Those are the "Fighting Sioux Forever" fans that people are upset with.

Be careful there are alot more of us than u

• Upvote 2

he is sort of a rebel; I notice his ear isn't even a grounded outlet.  that, my friends, is Badass.   go Nodaks! or Fighting Hawks!   

#anythingbutroughriders

Zactly.  Insulated hands and feet, too.  No option for ground fault interrupt, nuthin.  Just a walkin, finger pointin, creepy smilin massive discharge event.

I want this guy on my team.  I need this guy on my team.

• Upvote 1

Why would it be horrible to continue to yell the Home of the Sioux at hockey games? After all, Ralph Englestead built the REA as the home of the Sioux. They still call the store the Sioux Shop. IMO we can  cheer using the new nickname, but why can't we yell SIOUX at the end of the NA to honor our past? 

• Upvote 2

The day the two tribes proved they weren't good neighbors (by not helping) was the day I realized the name and logo was gone and that I would quit wearing it. 

They were done with us; I was done with them. 

I really couldn't put a finger on it but I feel the same way...I haven't worn a lot of my Sioux stuff since it was dropped...I'm actually for replacing pretty much every Sioux head around campus with either a hick in overalls, a generic hawk symbol, or a cowboy on a horse when this is all said and done....

Why would it be horrible to continue to yell the Home of the Sioux at hockey games? After all, Ralph Englestead built the REA as the home of the Sioux. They still call the store the Sioux Shop. IMO we can  cheer using the new nickname, but why can't we yell SIOUX at the end of the NA to honor our past? 

Yell Sioux at the end of the anthem if you want.  That doesn't bother me much.  I am referring to the rest of games, in all sports, referring to the teams as the Sioux.  Sure you can honor the past by yelling Sioux at the end of the anthem, but the players that you will be cheering for have never been a Sioux.  they will only have been known by the new nickname.  Honor the past, but when cheering for UND in the future, use the new name and wear te new logo.  that's all I ask.

Edited by Siouxperfan7

And UND could totally use this guy as its logo/mascot!

http://www.opednews.com/populum/uploaded/hayduke-art1-1-1--48597-20121030-217.jpg

• Upvote 1

Yell Sioux at the end of the anthem if you want.  That doesn't bother me much.  I am referring to the rest of games, in all sports, referring to the teams as the Sioux.  Sure you can honor the past by yelling Sioux at the end of the anthem, but the players that you will be cheering for have never been a Sioux.  they will only have been known by the new nickname.  Honor the past, but when cheering for UND in the future, use the new name and wear te new logo.  that's all I ask.

Sure they have never been a Sioux but many of them still refer to them as Sioux.  Not saying one way or the other on this argument but just think it's interesting I still see current players and new commits use #Sioux or something similar in their tweets.

• Upvote 1

LETS GO SIOUX

LETS GO SIOUX

Folks, further to the point of Reddy as the new logo.  Think of the live event mascot opportunities!  Talk about a playah.  Here's Reddy, cool as a cucumber, jus hangin while yet another couple of tools file grievances against Reddy's peccadilloes with their better halves.  Goldy got no game when Reddy in da house.  Kil-o-wah'dup Boyeeez!

tumblr_m3go2dlQg01rrecpno1_1280.jpg

Sure they have never been a Sioux but many of them still refer to them as Sioux.  Not saying one way or the other on this argument but just think it's interesting I still see current players and new commits use #Sioux or something similar in their tweets.

Particularly in hockey. Whenever the team struggles and they interview a player, they always say, "We need to get back to playing Fighting Sioux hockey". While it completely sucks that we were forced into retiring the nickname for the school, it particularly sucks for hockey. Mainly because that is the sport that had garnered the most national attention when it came to recognition of that nickname and logo.

In the absence of no nickname, reverting back to the old name is expected.  when a new name is selected, I am hopeful that all will transition to supporting UND teams using the new name.  And that includes student athletes as well.  Obviously not going to happen overnight, but it will happen.