SiouxSports.com Forum

yababy8

Well, Nodaks is as close to nothing as you can get for a legitimate nickname, so I suppose the fighting Sioux forever folks must love it.  Nodaks would move some serious merchandise, not.

It pains me deeply when I see the most truth and honesty on this forum coming from ... a Bison fan. 

I can't believe we are really going to try and predict how many t shirts each logo will sell. Man this place has devolved 

I'm speaking about the first sentence of Herd's statement. 

Regarding merchandise/merchandising, people bought pet rocks. Need I say more. 

If "really stubborn" is at one end of the spectrum, "overly compliant" is at the other.

There will come a time in the very near future where UND teams will be known by a new name.  Fans can choose to do a few things when cheering for them.  COntinue to support the old name, support the new name, or neither.  Hypothetical question....what do you think is the best way to go about cheering for our teams and athletes at UND?  

There will come a time in the very near future where UND teams will be known by a new name.  Fans can choose to do a few things when cheering for them.  COntinue to support the old name, support the new name, or neither.  Hypothetical question....what do you think is the best way to go about cheering for our teams and athletes at UND?  

Do we really need a cheerleading thread?  Holy crap batman. 

How about "Roughriders yeah yeah!   Yeah Roughriders Roughriders!"     man, that just rolls right off the tongue.

I believe the point several others were making is, t-shirts and yelling "proper" terminology aren't the only way to support the university.  IMO they rank near the bottom.

• Downvote 1

How about "Roughriders yeah yeah!   Yeah Roughriders Roughriders!"     man, that just rolls right off the tongue.

I believe the point several others were making is, t-shirts and yelling "proper" terminology aren't the only way to support the university.  IMO they rank near the bottom.

How about we now come up with a chant that isn't unbelievably lame and embarrassing?  

• Upvote 1

I kind of hope you are wrong about this.  I hope that n matter what name and eventual logo are decided on, that ALL UND fans will support the University, it's athletic teams and it's new identity by purchasing merchandise with the new name and logo.  If this happens, then your statement will prove to be wrong and the merchandise sold meets and exceeds Sioux merchandise.  

fantasy.

I graduated a Sioux from UND. I will continue to buy and wear apparel that reflects one of those 2 things as will most who have graduated from UND....the current and future fans will purchase the new merchandise and that is great. I will continue to support UND but it is very unlikely that I would ever own or wear any apparel that doesn't reflect The Fighting Sioux and/or UND or UND only.....and I am in the large majority on this.

I believe it goes

red river clap clap, red river clap clap

MontgomeryBiscuits.png
If only we got to the Biscuits name first....that's something we could all get behind, am I right? I mean the mascots tongue is a piece of butter! Doesn't get any better than that, folks. Roll Biscuits!

Mmmmmm .... I like biscuits. Pass the gravy. 

fantasy.

I graduated a Sioux from UND. I will continue to buy and wear apparel that reflects one of those 2 things as will most who have graduated from UND....the current and future fans will purchase the new merchandise and that is great. I will continue to support UND but it is very unlikely that I would ever own or wear any apparel that doesn't reflect The Fighting Sioux and/or UND or UND only.....and I am in the large majority on this.

not picking on you petey,

I just love comments like this.  Pure speculation based upon your social circle, yet put forth as gospel.  This forum is so full of these statements you could fill a book.

I graduated a Sioux from UND also, I will buy whatever new branded shite that comes out, cause im still a fan of the teams playing now. But, maybe im in the minority. (see what i did there);)

• Upvote 4

I just love comments like this.  Pure speculation based upon your social circle, yet put forth as gospel.  This forum is so full of these statements you could fill a book.

I graduated a Sioux from UND also, I will buy whatever new branded shite that comes out, cause im still a fan of the teams playing now. But, maybe im in the minority. (see what i did there);)

my favorite  is vast majority 

.....and I am in the large majority on this.

I don't know who will buy what but it is easy to believe this part ^.  If we lump together those who wish to be Sioux and those who wish to stay North Dakota , that does seem like it would easily be a majority group.

I guess we will see? I do have a vested interest as I am in the business but I am not forecasting any large commission windfalls from whatever the new name is beyond the first 6-12 months and even that won't touch what the Sioux logo did the last 2-3 years in existence.

I will still purchase UND apparel and merchandise and keep my season tickets and attend games and travel to Frozen Fours etc. and cheer on UND no matter what the name is but just don't see myself wearing anything with the new name on it. I guess that makes me a bad person.:(

Edited by petey23

nothing is going to move as much merchandise as Sioux. It's just not going to happen. Whether one of those names can get close remains to be seen, and we likely won't have our answer for multiple decades.

And nothing would move less merchandise than Nodaks.  No nickname would generate more merchandise than this choice, are you kidding me.

.....and I am in the large majority on this.

petey, are you familiar with writer named Pauline Kael?

"How could Nixon have won? Nobody I know voted for him" -- Pauline Kael after the 1972 Presidential election

Edited by The Sicatoka