Nickname Vote: Runoff: Exit Poll

Siouxperfan7

Exit Poll  

172 members have voted

1. 1. What name did you vote for

• Fighting Hawks
    • Roughriders
    • Nodaks

As fussy as the men's bb team is...you would think they would be screaming from the roof of the  Betty what nickname  they wanted on the front of their NIKE jerseys.

Nobody even knows if that's true that's just message board talk. I know Geno Crandall has voiced his opinion on Twitter against the Fighting Hawks. 

Nobody even knows if that's true that's just message board talk. I know Geno Crandall has voiced his opinion on Twitter against the Fighting Hawks. 

I would say his point is that north Dakota is the roughrider state so that it shouldn't be that hard to pick a new nickname...the roughriders.

• Upvote 2

Roughriders.  The Cowboys and Indians mix (with the Sioux apparel taking an entire generation to phase out) is why. Won't vote Nodaks since I grew up hearing it as a derogatory term for North Dakotans in suburban MSP. Hawks isn't worth addressing. Ryde or die!

I voted Nodaks and think we can turn it from derogatory to positive if we embrace it.  Very much like Wisconsin people did with the Cheesehead name.  It used to be very derogatory but now I wish I had invented the cheese wedge hat.

• Upvote 1

I'll have to wait until my vote sells on Craigslist before I respond to this poll.   ***

haha I wonder if it sells.  $150 for 1 outta 20k votes is pretty great. 

I just hope there is some reconciliation at this point after some people's choices are eliminated (approximately 2018 at this rate). If Roughriders loses, I'm gonna to make my best effort to embrace the new name after like a half day of being pissy.

I'm really sick of arguing with other UND fans, though. #rollsomebody

• Upvote 3

Went against the hockey team's campaign and voted Roughriders.  

if it hadn't been for that we'd probably just be voting for RR and FH and still should be. Voted RR again. Wish this was the last vote but no way any get 50%. Next week will hopefully be riders and Hawks which is what it should've been this week. That's when the vote could get interesting.

if it hadn't been for that we'd probably just be voting for RR and FH and still should be. Voted RR again. Wish this was the last vote but no way any get 50%. Next week will hopefully be riders and Hawks which is what it should've been this week. That's when the vote could get interesting.

....Only way people won't feel the "outcome" was tainted by Kelley.

haha I wonder if it sells.  $150 for 1 outta 20k votes is pretty great. 

I just hope there is some reconciliation at this point after some people's choices are eliminated (approximately 2018 at this rate). If Roughriders loses, I'm gonna to make my best effort to embrace the new name after like a half day of being pissy.

I'm really sick of arguing with other UND fans, though. #rollsomebody

only in America!  yeah i hope everyone can come together quickly after this.   hopefully our teams will keep doing well and continue to give us something to cheer about; that will help. 

Any reason for switching?

Mostly I thought Fighting Hawks stood no chance so I voted for my #2.  Also I hated how Nodaks sounded when the annoucers used it in the Vermont series.  I'm just really hoping this process ends so we don't have a final final final voteoff ugh.  

Mostly I thought Fighting Hawks stood no chance so I voted for my #2.  Also I hated how Nodaks sounded when the annoucers used it in the Vermont series.  I'm just really hoping this process ends so we don't have a final final final voteoff ugh.  

I hear ya, I never thought FH was going to be that popular either, but I actually really liked when the Vermont announcers used Nodaks. 

Oh well, it'll all be over soon enough, then we can just move on.

Should no name receive a majority of the vote, a run-off vote will be conducted.  Voting will open at noon on Thursday November 26th, closing at 5 p.m Thursday November 26th.  Should a majority of eligible e-mail addresses fail to cast a vote through Qualtrics, Fighting Hawks shall be declared the new nickname of the University of North Dakota.  

One thing about Nodaks......it's sort of a middle finger to the NCAA.  Ok, you can't use a Native American nickname, then we'll name it after "us".  

Agree.  I think Roughriders has some of that.    (If we can't be the Indians, we'll be the damn Cavalry.)

Edited by farce poobah
  • Upvote 2