Nickname Vote: Runoff: Exit Poll

Siouxperfan7

Exit Poll  

172 members have voted

1. 1. What name did you vote for

• Fighting Hawks
    • Roughriders
    • Nodaks

Can't say I think this will be very accurate given how the last exit poll turned out, with Fighting Hawks in third. On the other hand, the last exit poll showed Nodaks and Roughriders to be very close which it was.

exactly right.   these polls are interesting, but ultimately meaningless.  We are the lunatic fringe.

• Upvote 2

Rather, than just showing you're vote, I think it would be interesting for everyone to list what you would vote for if your choice isn't in the top 2? Will most Roughriders voters move to Nodaks, and vice Versa? If so, I think Hawks gets overtaken.

I voted for Nodaks again. If Nodaks can't move into the top two, then I will vote for Roughriders. #anythingbuthawks

Voted Roughriders. Still not completely decided, but will likely vote nodaks in the event of a runoff without Roughriders. My prediction is that's the way it's going to go, unfortunately. As SFI said, good push for nodaks by the right program. I think that name will complete the comeback, leading to a number of unhappy people since it should've been eliminated already. 

Voted Roughriders again.

Not sure how I will vote if it is eliminated. I can't get over my personal opinion on how bad Nodaks is. Think I'd rather vote FH while holding my nose and hope they get a good logo. Can't come up with a logo that "identifies" as Nodaks and as the Fighting Sioux nickname has shown, the logo makes a world of difference.

• Upvote 1

Hope everyone that voted for Roughriders returns and votes again. Voter fatigue will take a toll on turnout, as will apathy as many favorites have been eliminated already.

Expect that the students will again vote for Fighting Hawks, despite efforts to educate them about the lack of originality and the logo passed around last month net being the real replacement logo.

Still cannot wrap my head around the Nodaks moniker. Just feels wrong. I think Petey is misguided, and this nickname will be with UND for a long time, so please think about that when you cast your vote. While Nodaks may be a shortened version of remaining North Dakota, it doesn't sound right as a permanent nickname for the flagship school of the state. As has been posted before, it's ok for a North Dakota based insurance company (who by the way sponsors Bison broadcasts, while Farmer's Union Insurance sponsors UND, iirc), an electric co-op or a retail hardware store, it just doesn't fit for the permanent nickname of UND.

Generic bird nicknames don't reflect strongly for a flagship school, either, so might have a tough time if there is yet another round, and may become another victim of voter fatigue if Rouhriders is eliminated this round.

The logo is going to make a huge difference on how accepted the new name is.  With Fighting Hawks, you pretty much know what you are going to get.  Roughriders leaves a little bit to the imagination as it could be Teddy, a horse, or just a random guy on  a horse.  Not you could say that Nodaks has endless logo possibilities.  But, is that a good thing?  A vote for Fighting Hawks gives you a different version of a bird mascot used everywhere.  Roughriders gives you a few different options.  Nodaks, you have no idea what a logo will look like.