SiouxSports.com Forum

When/If Fighting Hawks win since that is what is rigged to happen...

01grad

LOL just curious would you swap for center ice if you could?

Well the first 2 years I had my seats in 110 right next to the student sections. So when the students stood I either stood or looked up at the screen. Loved being in the atmosphere and most nights I would usually only be there for a period as we would usually venture up to the bar and sit in the 2 barstools next to my friends seats or his if he texted me and told me that his were open that night...toward the end of year 2 they started to crack down and check tickets to get into that section.

Moved my seats to where I like to sit at most any hockey game...end where we shoot twice at an angle but close enough to center to look right down the glass. Would be tough to give these up. 106, 2 rows down from entrance.

Well the first 2 years I had my seats in 110 right next to the student sections. So when the students stood I either stood or looked up at the screen. Loved being in the atmosphere and most nights I would usually only be there for a period as we would usually venture up to the bar and sit in the 2 barstools next to my friends seats or his if he texted me and told me that his were open that night...toward the end of year 2 they started to crack down and check tickets to get into that section.

Moved my seats to where I like to sit at most any hockey game...end where we shoot twice at an angle but close enough to center to look right down the glass. Would be tough to give these up. 106, 2 rows down from entrance.

Yea I hear ya there, no doubt.

I disagree!

Is this where I agree to disagree, or disagree to agree? 

You must refuse to accept a position which is diametrically unopposed to any view inconsistent with that of one which presents the logical contrapositive of the converse of my own view.

ROFL, Taz Boy, you haven't changed at all since the 1990's! You still know how to have fun with just about anything. ;)

LOL For being a real fan, you sure have a lot of conditions.  Sounds like you might be better off taking a seat in front of your TV for the games.

how do I have a lot of conditions? I'm just saying from my experience at both arenas. i like the new arena but it's atmosphere cannot compare to the old Ralph. The old Ralph was about hockey and fans. The new Ralph is about social status, glitz and glamour (to majority of the fans). UND is very fortunate to get a new arena that is top notch but something had to give and unfortunately part of the atmosphere did.

next time your at the Ralph, tell me how many people are in the concourse/bar paying attention to the game? 

You are probably a freshman or sophomore in college who's is a "die hard" fan but yet you never waited outside and skipped class to go to a Friday night game. So take your 11 posts and drink your hamm's till 15 min before the puck drops because you'll never get to experience the difference.

Edited by siouxkid12
  • Upvote 2

how do I have a lot of conditions? I'm just saying from my experience at both arenas. i like the new arena but it's atmosphere cannot compare to the old Ralph. The old Ralph was about hockey and fans. The new Ralph is about social status, glitz and glamour (to majority of the fans). UND is very fortunate to get a new arena that is top notch but something had to give and unfortunately part of the atmosphere did.

next time your at the Ralph, tell me how many people are in the concourse/bar paying attention to the game? 

You are probably a freshman or sophomore in college who's is a "die hard" fan but yet you never waited outside and skipped class to go to a Friday night game. So take your 11 posts and drink your hamm's till 15 min before the puck drops because you'll never get to experience the difference.

There is a clear generation gap between fans who have been in both buildings and fans who have only experienced the new REA and can't imagine anything else. Well stated.

You do realize our record at the new REA is better than the old, don't you?  At the old arena it was something like .690, while at the new arena we are over .700, at least the last time I looked.  Furthermore, if you ignore the very first year at the new arena, when candidly there was zero home ice advantage because the rink was new to the players and all the fans just walked around gawking, we have something like a .720 winning percentage at the new Ralph.

Stop clouding the issue with facts. :) 

I don't get the appeal of center ice or being too close to the ice

Last season, a friend of mine gave me one of his lower bowl tickets to a hockey game. The seats were like 10 rows from the ice. It was pretty neat. You're closer to the ice and you can see the interaction of the players more. 

I don't get the appeal of center ice or being too close to the ice

I agree about close to the ice.  Sitting on the glass you get to watch  the interaction of the players more but its just a bunch of players flying by.  I like it up higher so I can see the play developing more.

• Upvote 1