Vote for the final 3

jimdahl

Which of the final three?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. What will you vote for?

• Fighting Hawks
    • Roughriders
    • Nodaks

I wonder if this will look much different than the poll of 5 on this site, given that sundogs and northstars barely registered in that one.

Or does the changing of the rules mid-game and strength of Fighting Hawks in the first balloting change anyone's opinion?

Jim, it would change my vote from Nodaks to Roughriders in a heartbeat if I knew that other Nodaks would vote the same way, and Roughrider voters wouldn't swing Nodaks.   Problem is for everyone of me that swings from Nodaks to RR, there will probably be one swinging from RR to Nodak. 

So I'm at a bit of a loss on how I will proceed.

Jim, it would change my vote from Nodaks to Roughriders in a heartbeat if I knew that other Nodaks would vote the same way, and Roughrider voters wouldn't swing Nodaks.   Problem is for everyone of me that swings from Nodaks to RR, there will probably be one swinging from RR to Nodak. 

So I'm at a bit of a loss on how I will proceed.

There has to be a vote to get it down to two names, then a final vote. That's the only way it's fair.  I'll go Nodaks until it is eliminated, then I would switch the Roughriders.  Boy FH is bad.

We need majority. If that happens this vote then I'll be content, if we don't get majority then we need another vote. 

It's about getting the right name, not following an arbitrary process or keeping the number of votes to 2 or below. Allowing 5  names the last vote was a mistake and it will take extra elections to mitigate that mistake, but it is the right thing to do. 

• Downvote 1

It's about getting the right name, not following an arbitrary process or keeping the number of votes to 2 or below. Allowing 5  names the last vote was a mistake and it will take extra elections to mitigate that mistake, but it is the right thing to do. 

But what's the "right name"? The process really defines that, and changing the process can change the outcome.

We need majority. If that happens this vote then I'll be content, if we don't get majority then we need another vote. 

Yes, we need a majority; however, in this arbitrary (based on original stated process) three-way race, it won't happen. 

Worse? They've already said the most votes (majority not required) wins this round ...

Unless they change the rules ... again. 

I like to look at it as resetting the rules to how they were announced.  Similar to Kelley consideration in adding back "no nickname". He bordered on the edge of changing the rules and then relented and left the nickname committee's decision as is.

Yes, we need a majority; however, in this arbitrary (based on original stated process) three-way race, it won't happen. 

Worse? They've already said the most votes (majority not required) wins this round ...

Well we know that are willing to change midstream so I am hopeful that they will if there is not a majority there will be another vote. The management of this is obviously terrible. They unnecessarily put themselves in these corners with absolute statements, and did it again yesterday. 

They will look at the vote results and decide if they need another vote. As long as at the end a majority vote for a name and a possible winning name doesn't  get kicked out prematurely I'll be happy. I have no confidence in the process makers and these people having any foresight so I am happy they are willing to adjust as necessary. 

Does anyone know who gets to vote in the next round? Is it open to the original 80,000 (apx) or does it only go to people who voted in the first round?

All 82,000 will be eligible to vote again.  It is possible many didn't vote because they either didn't care, or they were expecting a runoff.  Seeing Fighting Hawks may get more of the RR or Nodak supporters to vote.

Why I don't understand is if 82,000 plus people registered their email to verify they were eligible, Why did so few vote?  It's not like you had to go wait in line at a polling site.  YOu could do it from your phone it about 30 seconds.  No excuse wy the voter turnout shouldn't have been higher.

All 82,000 will be eligible to vote again.  It is possible many didn't vote because they either didn't care, or they were expecting a runoff.  Seeing Fighting Hawks may get more of the RR or Nodak supporters to vote.

Why I don't understand is if 82,000 plus people registered their email to verify they were eligible, Why did so few vote?  It's not like you had to go wait in line at a polling site.  YOu could do it from your phone it about 30 seconds.  No excuse wy the voter turnout shouldn't have been higher.

I'm sure many people are so pissed that Fighting Sioux and no nickname are not options they just didn't care. Its like voting for president if they all suck why vote?

• Upvote 2

I don't think 82,000 registered, that's just how many e-mails were sent out between alumni, students, employees and season ticket holders.  If anyone in those groups had an e-mail address on file, they got an e-mail, regardless of whether they updated it in the last month.

I know but this poll gets me thinking.  If Nodak voters jump ship to RR I'll probably have to follow. I just wish it was RR and Nodaks.

The problem with this whole thing is that you either wouldn't have to make that decision if they did things the way they said they would, or you shouldn't have to make that decision in the next round.  Since they have already made the decision to allow Nodaks in the vote off, they should have the decency to allow people to vote their conscience, and allow for another vote if nobody reaches the 50 percent threshold.