SiouxSports.com Forum

And then there were three....

Teeder11

I'm with you on this one.  People looking for a conspiracy where nothing exists, especially when adding Nodaks gives their choice (and mine) a chance.

How is it looking for a conspiracy when I want there to be integrity for the process?

If you say it will be a 2 name run-off, have a 2 name run-off!

I did my part to promote Nodaks but if that's not what UND fans want, let's move on.

Edited by InHeavenThereIsNoBeer
  • Upvote 2

How am I looking for a conspiracy when I want there to be integrity for the process?

If you say it will be a 2 name run-off, have a 2 name run-off!

I did my part to promote Nodaks but if that's not what UND fans want, let's move on.

Not saying you are wrong... but that's you.  Right or wrong -- I can't imagine the S storm that would have erupted had it been left off.  It's kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't. Just like this whole thing has been for quite some time.  But that comes with leadership or lack thereof, so be it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Since we all care about what Brad has to say, here's one of his latest Tweets: :D

Word is that the current students voted heavily in favor of Fighting Hawks, interestingly enough.

Now we know what they do insead of showing up for FB games..........sit around and talk about how awesone FH will be as the new nickname.

So even though the hockey folks apparently prefer Nodaks, you're mad because Kelley is sabotaging Rough Riders?   

How does this amount to automatically sabotaging Roughriders?   Fighting Hawks dominated this vote.  It received around 50% more votes than either Roughriders or Nodaks received.   No one knows if Nodaks voters would be more inclined to choose RR over FH, or vice versa. 

Since we all care about what Brad has to say, here's one of his latest Tweets: :D

Word is that the current students voted heavily in favor of Fighting Hawks, interestingly enough.

but the word on here was that the students would vote Nodaks because the hockey team wanted them to. Or did I misinterpret the last week on this message board?

• Upvote 2

Not saying you are wrong... but that's you.  Right or wrong -- I can't imagine the S storm that would have erupted had it been left off.  It's kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't. Just like this whole thing has been for quite some time.  But that comes with leadership or lack thereof, so be it.

He isn't wrong.......we were sold a pile of crap in the Kelley lead Sh*t Show. "We will have a run off of the top two......no wait.....three choices".

• Upvote 2

Since we know all the Nodak people are easily swayed, they should switch their votes to the name that has more votes, Roughriders. 

And avoid teams within their own conference with the "Hawks" name. 

Only Miami is the Hawks so UND will be the only Hawks in the Big Sky.

He isn't wrong.......we were sold a pile of crap in the Kelley lead Sh*t Show. "We will have a run off of the top two......no wait.....three choices".

True.... it's just harder for me to to judge harshly when I am not in someone's shoes, I guess.  But that's why they get paid the bucks!

Edited by Teeder11

I guess if practically everyone who voted for North Stars or Sundogs now votes for Roughriders, then sure, "wins easily" it is.

A lot of people, especially people on this board, have Nodaks and RR number one and two and would have switched to the other one left.

I'd have voted for Nodaks vs Fighting Hawks and by the polls here a lot of people would have too. 

Now I doubt any name will ever have over half the vote.

Edited by Cratter

1) Fighting Hawks is not unique in any way.  Sorry, wait it's unique because it has "Fighting" and not a color. Roughriders is extremely unique in collegiate athletics, Nodaks obviously is as well. Fighting Hawks? C'mon we're better than that.

2) Why do we have to wait until November 2? Do people need to prepare themselves and their computers for another vote? Can we just get this thing over with????  Qualtrics could whip up another vote tonight and have it ready for tomorrow because it's their business. It's what they do, literally.

3) If there are 3 choices, I'm assuming they're choosing the name with the most votes, because it's possible not one gets over 50%, right?

Always would have been since this "process" was initiated. 

Exactly.. this was never in jeopardy of receiving any kind of mandate.  We knew that yesterday, last week, last month, last year. Even if UND would have come out with two remaining options today.... it would have been considered tainted by many.

So we all know this entire process has been a joke since day one, but the bottom line is there are now 3 options on the ballot. How does this play out going forward?

I was surprised to see fighting hawks with the most votes, but I don't really see that changing in the final vote.

With these three, I'll vote nodaks.

Had nodaks been left off, I would have voted roughriders

Go Nodaks!

People need to realize that the colorful logo that was going around facebook earlier will not be the official logo. That being said, can they do a mock-up now for the last three? Logos/mascots (if they have one) will help a great deal. My choice is still alive, though by the original rules it shouldn't be.

• Upvote 1

1) Fighting Hawks is not unique in any way.  Sorry, wait it's unique because it has "Fighting" and not a color. Roughriders is extremely unique in collegiate athletics, Nodaks obviously is as well. Fighting Hawks? C'mon we're better than that.

2) Why do we have to wait until November 2? Do people need to prepare themselves and their computers for another vote? Can we just get this thing over with????  Qualtrics could whip up another vote tonight and have it ready for tomorrow because it's their business. It's what they do, literally.

3) If there are 3 choices, I'm assuming they're choosing the name with the most votes, because it's possible not one gets over 50%, right?

To #3 then that changes the rules.........again.

Nothing new here......carry on.