SiouxSports.com Forum

University of north dakota fighting nodaks

fightingsioux08

I happen to have the same name choice as Brad S. so I must work at the Herald?

Nah just joking...just curious why you would think the Ralph and the hockey players would have the same opinions re: the nickname...what are you basing that on?

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=101120

The hockey teams have now made it public that they want 'Nodaks' because its the closest to 'North Dakota', which is the best option to keep Sioux alive behind the gold plated marble doors of their REA locker rooms.  

Glad the Hockey teams reasoning is about what's best for UND as a whole.  :silly:

So if the final selection is anything other than Roughriders, it's because of the hockey-only illuminati in Grand Forks?

• Upvote 2

Warriors is still hanging around at Marquette after 20 years.....just saying

define hanging around. I haven't heard anyone refer to them as the Warriors ever, including people I know who went there. There might be a pocket of people who want the name back but it's not a campus wide thing. Similarly, Miami has moved on, St. John's has moved on. Heck Syracuse has moved on and their name changed like 10 years ago 

Lets try it a different way.

Say Nodak, Say Canucks .... doesn't sounds so stupid

Say UND Nodaks, Say Vancouver Canucks .... still doesn't sound so stupid

Say Nodaks.  Say Canucks.  Doesn't sound stupid.

Say North Dakota Nodaks.  Say Canucklandia Canucks.  Yep, sounds stupid.

• Upvote 1

So if the final selection is anything other than Roughriders, it's because of the hockey-only illuminati in Grand Forks?

I couldn't care less about Roughriders.  You are missing the point.  

Did you notice the huge swing towards Nodaks in the past week or two?  It wasn't even a blip on the radar 2 months ago.  Do you think what the hockey programs said publically about Nodaks had anything to do with that?  Just a wee little bit?

Wag The Dog.

I couldn't care less about Roughriders.  You are missing the point.  

Did you notice the huge swing towards Nodaks in the past week or two?  It wasn't even a blip on the radar 2 months ago.  Do you think what the hockey programs said publically about Nodaks had anything to do with that?  Just a wee little bit?

Wag The Dog.

So when Roger Thomas removed all Indian imagery from the football jerseys, that's his choice.  When the current hockey coach says he likes Nodaks, he needs to be told to keep his mouth shut?

For the record, I hate the choice of Nodaks.

Wag the sUNDog.

So when Roger Thomas removed all Indian imagery from the football jerseys, that's his choice.  When the current hockey coach says he likes Nodaks, he needs to be told to keep his mouth shut?

For the record, I hate the choice of Nodaks.

Wag the sUNDog.

What a horrible analogy.  We are talking about the UND Nickname vote that started today.  

And then you started talking about something a hockey coach said two weeks ago. 4 days ago.

...that DIRECTLY influences people on how their beloved hockey coach and his players are voting.  Don't even try and act like hockey fans didn't take that into account. C'mon Mafia.  Hennen's interview and Schlossman's articles and blogs were timed up right before the vote.  

...that DIRECTLY influences people on how their beloved hockey coach and his players are voting.  Don't even try and act like hockey fans didn't take that into account. C'mon Mafia.  Hennen's interview and Schlossman's articles and blogs were timed up right before the vote.  

Sounds like a good strategy to me....if that was really their intention. Not sure why all teams aren't finding a way to let their preference be known.

• Upvote 1

So what's your point, other than they apparently don't support your choice? Are the coaches, players and even the media not entitled to express an opinion? Also, how exactly do you think the Herald benefits from any particular outcome?

• Upvote 1

I voted for Roughriders, but would vote Nodaks in a runoff vote if the support keeps building from the students and student athletes. This is their school and they are the ones who will build a tradition for others to follow. Them being proud of our new nickname is the most important thing to me. 

Warriors is still hanging around at Marquette after 20 years.....just saying

probably because they picked a garbage nickname to replace the warriors....if we do the same we will be just like marquette. there was a reason why flickertails and nodaks were replaced. this nostalgia stuff is for losers.

• Upvote 1

probably because they picked a garbage nickname to replace the warriors....if we do the same we will be just like marquette. there was a reason why flickertails and nodaks were replaced. this nostalgia stuff is for losers.

And that is exactly what we are in the process of doing right now.

• Upvote 1

• UNDBIZ locked this topic