SiouxSports.com Forum

GO WILD

Fetch

58 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Who cares....They look cool!

Anyone notice the state of hockey commercial during the Wild pregame? There was a Sioux jersey photo bomb! 

OUTSTANDING!

Go Wild!

Because the Stars own the rights and the logo to the North Stars.

13 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Because the Stars own the rights and the logo to the North Stars.

They own the Stars, not the north stars. Kind of like the Sioux name, UND keeps using it so others can't. Have you ever seen Dallas use or sell North Star stuff? I haven't.

I guess my point is the heads of the Wild probably know more about right and wrong uses of things by their Pro hockey team then the fans do.

No offense...

1 minute ago, bigskyvikes said:

They own the Stars, not the north stars. Kind of like the Sioux name, UND keeps using it so others can't. Have you ever seen Dallas use or sell North Star stuff? I haven't.

I guess my point is the heads of the Wild probably know more about right and wrong uses of things by their Pro hockey team then the fans do.

No offense...

This was brought up when the Wild wanted to wear the North Stars jerseys for the outdoor game in Minneapolis against the Blackhawks and Dallas told them no.

The Wild celebrating 50 years of hockey in Minnesota, minus the 7 years when there was no pro team in Minnesota.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2017 at 8:15 PM, bigskyvikes said:

No offense...

Actually, they DO own the North Stars.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2017/3/29/15106256/minnesota-wild-north-stars-jerseys-dallas-stars-nhl-mad-online-cut-it-out-dave-coulier

15 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Last season soothed a lot of wounds inflicted over the period between 2001 and 2015.

Honestly, I was more heartbroken in 2001 than in 2011.  Down 2-0, tie it up in the last few minutes, EVERYTHING tilting your way, then, BOOM, Krys Kolanos.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

... BOOM, Krys Kolanos.  

There are some names I can't say or even think about without adding a certain "middle name".
BoSox fans understand what I'm saying because to them it'll always be Bucky _____ Dent. 

For me?
Francisco _________ Cabrerra
Krys __________ Kolanos

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

There are some names I can't say or even think about without adding a certain "middle name".
BoSox fans understand what I'm saying because to them it'll always be Bucky _____ Dent. 

For me?
Francisco _________ Cabrera

If only Barry Bonds had 'roided up a few years earlier in his career...he may have thrown Sid Bream out at the plate.  

49 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

BoSox fans understand what I'm saying because to them it'll always be Bucky _____ Dent

For me?
Francisco _________ Cabrerra
Krys __________ Kolanos

You forgot Aaron __________ Boone. ;)

48 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

If only Barry Bonds had 'roided up a few years earlier in his career...he may have thrown Sid Bream out at the plate.  

Charging the ball, playing in, knowing the situation, how can you not be able to throw out plow stuck in the ground, no cartilage in the knees, trying to score from second, slow, lame Sid ______ Bream! :angry::angry::angry:

• Upvote 1

On 4/13/2017 at 8:06 AM, MafiaMan said:

According to this fan who writes articles! When they get fined from a Dallas attorney or even warned from Dallas let me know.

Again, the pro teams know more about name violations then any fan on a website, I WOULD HOPE!

Also, this is in your link,

"I guess it matters more to fans than the teams, since the Stars don’t make any public statements about these things. But ... c’mon. Just leave it alone, Wild."

;)

1 hour ago, bigskyvikes said:

According to this fan who writes articles! When they get fined from a Dallas attorney or even warned from Dallas let me know.

Again, the pro teams know more about name violations then any fan on a website, I WOULD HOPE!

Also, this is in your link,

"I guess it matters more to fans than the teams, since the Stars don’t make any public statements about these things. But ... c’mon. Just leave it alone, Wild."

;)

The NHL granted the Wild permission to wear the jersey in pre-game warm-ups.  Had Minnesota busted those out in the actual game, you're damn right a slew of NHL and Stars attorneys would have had their bat-phones light up.

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

The NHL granted the Wild permission to wear the jersey in pre-game warm-ups.  Had Minnesota busted those out in the actual game, you're damn right a slew of NHL and Stars attorneys would have had their bat-phones light up.

You're missing my whole point..

Do you think the Wild may have checked/asked for this approval to cross their t's and dot their i's before honoring this old name? Or do you also believe that the Wild could have learned what/who they violated if they would have just read ss.com first?

:lol:

9 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

You're missing my whole point..

Do you think the Wild may have checked/asked for this approval to cross their t's and dot their i's before honoring this old name? Or do you also believe that the Wild could have learned what/who they violated if they would have just read ss.com first?

:lol:

The North Stars is not the "old name" of the Wild.  I'm in the minority of fans who wishes the Wild would re-brand as the North Stars 2.0 though.

And, yes, Check Fletcher reads the board daily and sent The Sicatoka a text asking for his thoughts on the matter.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

The North Stars is not the "old name" of the Wild.  I'm in the minority of fans who wishes the Wild would re-brand as the North Stars 2.0 though.

And, yes, Check Fletcher reads the board daily and sent The Sicatoka a text asking for his thoughts on the matter.  

It is for sure the "old name" of Minnesota's pro hockey team!

And,

Riiiiight....