SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-16 Season

SWSiouxMN

i have a feeling noone on this thread supports womens hockey or attends many games lol but yall have so much to say because when your attending mens games you see no womens banners. spoiled rotten. Glad the AD has some sense. See you all next year at the Ralph!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, northhockey said:

i have a feeling noone on this thread supports womens hockey or attends many games lol but yall have so much to say because when your attending mens games you see no womens banners. spoiled rotten. Glad the AD has some sense. See you all next year at the Ralph!!

Been to plenty of women's games. Coached high school girls hockey for 6 years. I enjoy women's hockey. So there's that. 

Just now, sioux rube said:

Been to plenty of women's games. Coached high school girls hockey for 6 years. I enjoy women's hockey. So there's that. 

Thats good. Im just frustrated by the general lack of support for the team whether or not you like the coach or not. 

6 minutes ago, northhockey said:

Thats good. Im just frustrated by the general lack of support for the team whether or not you like the coach or not. 

Preaching to some of UND's most hard core sports fans probably isn't the best place to start.

We arguably care about the programs the most and want what's best for UND (and some believe a coaching change is it).

• Upvote 3

How can we support a team that doesn't win with all the resources? Plus all the fights in beer league hockey by one of the coaches doesn't help either

people like supporting winners and nice guys who r active in community 

the bubbas are all over

7 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

How can we support a team that doesn't win with all the resources? Plus all the fights in beer league hockey by one of the coaches doesn't help either

people like supporting winners and nice guys who r active in community 

the bubbas are all over

So Idalski still getting in scrums in beer league hockey?  

46 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Doesn't Idalski make more than Bubba?

Bubba makes more but closer than one would think though part of the reason for that is Bubba requested a smaller salary and the difference between that and what he was offered instead be allocated to his assistant pool.

• Upvote 1

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 6:18 PM, Old Time Hockey said:

How about we drop women's hockey once we drop men's basketball.  Women's hockey is more competitive.  When was the last time the

You know, I tried to watch women's hockey (Sioux) and did several times over the years but as much as I've really tried I just can't get into it like I do men's hockey.  The reason?  No checking.  Yes, supporters will argue there's body contact but there's no hard hits/checking, which makes no sense.  It's females on females so allow it (why not?).  Hockey is a great sport to watch because it's both fast and physical but that second element is missing from women's hockey.  I go to UND women's basketball as much as I attend the men's games, coach girls youth soccer and watch the US national women's soccer team games and I enjoy them just as much as on the men's sides for those sports.  So no, I'm not at anti-women sports.  So why do I differ when it comes to viewing hockey?  Cus the game is not fundamentally the same when it comes to hockey.  It is what it is.   

• Upvote 1

Anyone catch Idalski's post season press conference?  What a complete stooge! Only a fool would conduct themselves as he did. With malice and full intent, he threw his entire senior class under the bus for his incompetence!  He essentially questioned their character and in doing so discounted their contribution to the program.

The only truth he uttered was that the team play was inconsistent. However, anyone with a resemblance of a clue knows that this lack of execution rest solely on the coaching staff.  He is getting paid considerably and it is his responsible to inspire these players to perform.  To suggest his only accountability was his failure to recruit players with character and grit,  is not only convenient but laughable and pathetic.  One can only hope Faison is not naive enough to either believe or except this garbage.

Amsley-Benzie, Dufault, Kohler (these are national level players) Hanson, Lashomb, Marvin, Kaiser (players don’t come any more committed or competitive). The fact is this Senior Class was not only the most accomplished class in program history they did by all accounts not only perform exceptionally on the ice but even better in the class room (based on all the athletic awards attributed throughout the years).  If his response at this press conference is indication of HIS character, personality and subsequently then his approach, he’s most likely a bully and if their play did indeed suffer it was undoubtedly because they gave up on this douche!

The facts are this team was really nothing until the Lamoureuxs transferred in and not only changed the culture; they gave the entire program legitimacy.  Subsequently then, this accounted for arguably the best class in the programs history which opened the door for other premier type players that followed.  And just for the record (for those three years) the Lamoureuxs ran those teams and if there was a drop in production (Post Lams) it wasn’t the seniors (or the players for that matter).Idalski had the lead and in my opinion crapped his pants! There had been steady decline ever since. Idalski and only idalski is responsible for the end results.

Watching the WCHA tournament championship game recently on TV, Olympian Natalie Darwitz went on about how much she respected Mark Johnson of UW.  That the players under his leadership did not only want to do their best…more specifically they strived to not disappoint him. I could never see a coach like him ever disparage his players as Idalski did (especially on their way out). The only other coaches I’ve seen act this manner are Shannon Miller, Eric Means, Nate Handrahan…wait I believe they were all let go!

As a fan I was not only proud of this class but thoroughly enjoyed watching them play. I wish only the best for any future success.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Hockeyheaven said:

Anyone catch Idalski's post season press conference?  What a complete stooge! Only a fool would conduct themselves as he did. With malice and full intent, he threw his entire senior class under the bus for his incompetence!  He essentially questioned their character and in doing so discounted their contribution to the program.

The only truth he uttered was that the team play was inconsistent. However, anyone with a resemblance of a clue knows that this lack of execution rest solely on the coaching staff.  He is getting paid considerably and it is his responsible to inspire these players to perform.  To suggest his only accountability was his failure to recruit players with character and grit,  is not only convenient but laughable and pathetic.  One can only hope Faison is not naive enough to either believe or except this garbage.

Amsley-Benzie, Dufault, Kohler (these are national level players) Hanson, Lashomb, Marvin, Kaiser (players don’t come any more committed or competitive). The fact is this Senior Class was not only the most accomplished class in program history they did by all accounts not only perform exceptionally on the ice but even better in the class room (based on all the athletic awards attributed throughout the years).  If his response at this press conference is indication of HIS character, personality and subsequently then his approach, he’s most likely a bully and if their play did indeed suffer it was undoubtedly because they gave up on this douche!

The facts are this team was really nothing until the Lamoureuxs transferred in and not only changed the culture; they gave the entire program legitimacy.  Subsequently then, this accounted for arguably the best class in the programs history which opened the door for other premier type players that followed.  And just for the record (for those three years) the Lamoureuxs ran those teams and if there was a drop in production (Post Lams) it wasn’t the seniors (or the players for that matter).Idalski had the lead and in my opinion crapped his pants! There had been steady decline ever since. Idalski and only idalski is responsible for the end results.

Watching the WCHA tournament championship game recently on TV, Olympian Natalie Darwitz went on about how much she respected Mark Johnson of UW.  That the players under his leadership did not only want to do their best…more specifically they strived to not disappoint him. I could never see a coach like him ever disparage his players as Idalski did (especially on their way out). The only other coaches I’ve seen act this manner are Shannon Miller, Eric Means, Nate Handrahan…wait I believe they were all let go!

As a fan I was not only proud of this class but thoroughly enjoyed watching them play. I wish only the best for any future success.

I've known he was a d-bag ever since he wanted my daughter to leave Jamestown when she was 12. Said you have to get her somewhere else to play. She didn't go anywhere and stayed here. Then after she committed to Concordia he called me a handful of times to try and convince her to play for him. I never answered my phone when it was him. She didn't like him when she was 12 and that didn't change when she was 18. I've talked to a handful of girls that played for him. Not one good thing was said. 

• Upvote 2

On March 8, 2016 at 5:41 PM, gfhockey said:

Plus all the fights in beer league hockey by one of the coaches doesn't help either

Hmnn, I woulda figured that you would think that feistiness be a requirement for your head cosching candidates...

• 6 months later...

Idalski's team doesn't finish on the road. They win Friday and then bail on Saturday against teams they should be closing out. I could accept a road split against a team ranked higher, or even just ranked, but losing the Saturday game at SCSU is a lack of intensity and finish by the team. And I don't want to hear the excuses. If you're good enough to win Friday you must be mature enough to expect more and better on Saturday and be prepared for it. And win again. 

This season so far: 

@Mercyhurst: W 3-1, T 1-1
@SCSU: W 1-0, L 3-2

Last season: 

@SCSU: W 3-0, T 4-4
@Syracuse: W 3-0, L 5-2
@MSUM: W 2-1, T 5-5
@OSU: L 3-1, W 3-2 (this is the same problem in reverse; they thought OSU's season was over and OSU would curl up; the Saturday win was a panicked attempt to salvage their lack of late season intensity, a Friday foul-up, and their season) 

Last year if that team had swept two of those four series they are in the NCAAs and that's all you need: a shot. The intensity and finish to complete a sweep has to come from the coach. It just hasn't been there with Idalski. <-- There. I said it. Now what. 

This team got a pass from Twamley last week with the IAC. That's not an opportunity to relax; that's a signal that the expectations are high. Kennedy says he's keeping teams he expects to compete for championships. In hockey that doesn't mean some in-season "cup" or the WWCHA; it means the big one. 

If we're keeping hockey, I need (not wish, not hope, need) a banner ... a GREEN banner ... in the next five years. 

PS - I hope the women's team hears about, or even reads this. They need to. They've been coasting. It's time to toughen up. 

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Idalski's team doesn't finish on the road. They win Friday and then bail on Saturday against teams they should be closing out. I could accept a road split against a team ranked higher, or even just ranked, but losing the Saturday game at SCSU is a lack of intensity and finish by the team. And I don't want to hear the excuses. If you're good enough to win Friday you must be mature enough to expect more and better on Saturday and be prepared for it. And win again. 

This season so far: 

@Mercyhurst: W 3-1, T 1-1
@SCSU: W 1-0, L 3-2

Last season: 

@SCSU: W 3-0, T 4-4
@Syracuse: W 3-0, L 5-2
@MSUM: W 2-1, T 5-5
@OSU: L 3-1, W 3-2 (this is the same problem in reverse; they thought OSU's season was over and OSU would curl up; the Saturday win was a panicked attempt to salvage their lack of late season intensity, a Friday foul-up, and their season) 

Last year if that team had swept two of those four series they are in the NCAAs and that's all you need: a shot. The intensity and finish to complete a sweep has to come from the coach. It just hasn't been there with Idalski. <-- There. I said it. Now what. 

This team got a pass from Twamley last week with the IAC. That's not an opportunity to relax; that's a signal that the expectations are high. Kennedy says he's keeping teams he expects to compete for championships. In hockey that doesn't mean some in-season "cup" or the WWCHA; it means the big one. 

If we're keeping hockey, I need (not wish, not hope, need) a banner ... a GREEN banner ... in the next five years. 

PS - I hope the women's team hears about, or even reads this. They need to. They've been coasting. It's time to toughen up. 

If they are going to commit to the women's program because they think it can compete for National titles, then they need to actually start to show some of that promise.  I agree that they lose far too often to teams that they shouldn't lose to.  To be honest, I think Bemidji State under Jim Scanlan has shown more improvement than UND has under Idalski.  

• Upvote 3