SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-16 Season

SWSiouxMN

17 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Idalski is not well liked in the inner circles of grand forks

seems to me he takes beer league to serious 

I have yet to hear anyone praise the guy. Have a buddy who plays beer league in GF. Sounds like he is probably the most disliked guy in the league. Does not surprise me. 

Because I really can't think that there is actually any women's hockey who would pay a buyout nor do I think throwing another 6 figures at the women's hockey team is a good idea regardless of how they are doing, I believe that as it sits right now, 2016-2017 is Idalski's final year under his most recent contract extension.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Because I really can't think that there is actually any women's hockey who would pay a buyout nor do I think throwing another 6 figures the women's hockey team is a good idea regardless of how they are doing, I believe that as it sits right now, 2016-2017 is Idalski's final year under his most recent contract extension.

Bring on Scanlan.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Risky said:

I am baffled how Bemidji is already better than us  in women's hockey after only a couple of years with a new coach.  Considering we have the Ralph to recruit too it is hard to believe.

Scanlan is a hell of a coach. Would love to see him behind the women's bench at some point. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Because I really can't think that there is actually any women's hockey who would pay a buyout nor do I think throwing another 6 figures at the women's hockey team is a good idea regardless of how they are doing, I believe that as it sits right now, 2016-2017 is Idalski's final year under his most recent contract extension.

I read only 3 schools made a profit in woman's hockey, for everyone else the men's hockey program cover the cost of women's hockey. 

3 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Bring on Scanlan.

I'm sure Fasion is thinking that he wished he fired Idalski last year.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I read only 3 schools made a profit in woman's hockey, for everyone else the men's hockey program cover the cost of women's hockey. 

I'm sure Fasion is thinking that he wished he fired Idalski last year.

I'd actually be surprised if there were any that made a profit, though with how accounting works in college athletics, who knows what that actual definition is. My only point is adding on the cost of the buyout of a coach to what is already a money pit at UND is a bad idea, two years would be even worse. Having to go into the last year of a contract with no extension would send a pretty clear message.

6 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I'd actually be surprised if there were any that made a profit, though with how accounting works in college athletics, who knows what that actual definition is. My only point is adding on the cost of the buyout of a coach to what is already a money pit at UND is a bad idea, two years would be even worse. Having to go into the last year of a contract with no extension would send a pretty clear message.

When is his contract up?

1 hour ago, dakotadan said:

Strange times for the games with the men out of town. Hopefully the ladies can take care of the series on Fri and Sat so they can rest up on Sunday.

Thanks for posting that. I think I will have to cover women's hockey this weekend. 

He'll get another year but the future is not rosy.  This is a junior and senior dominated team.  No soph has played minutes this year and the big freshman class has not contributed much.

His teams are very strong defensively although they have a reputation for play that pushes the rule book, to put it nicely.  Unfortunately, they do not score goals.

• Upvote 1