SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-16 Season

SWSiouxMN

Yea. These are the kind of wins the girls have to win. As too Idalski, has he "peaked?" He obviously drug UND out of the cellar and for that we need to be thankful, but has he reached the highest he'll ever get at 3rd/4th/5th in the WCHA, especially with a surgent Bemidji St seeming to take a dig at UND's spots? 

Yea. These are the kind of wins the girls have to win. As too Idalski, has he "peaked?" He obviously drug UND out of the cellar and for that we need to be thankful, but has he reached the highest he'll ever get at 3rd/4th/5th in the WCHA, especially with a surgent Bemidji St seeming to take a dig at UND's spots? 

I am wondering the same.  A plateau? 

He couldn't get it done with 2 of the best players in the world. Time for a new coach. One with a personality would be nice.

He couldn't get it done with 2 of the best players in the world. Time for a new coach. One with a personality would be nice.

I pointed out a few years ago 

http://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/15263-thought-hiring-idalski-was-a-bad-idea/

The face remains that Idalskis teams has placed lower in the WCHA standings ever year than the preseason polls predicted since becoming the head coach of the Fighting Sioux except this one (which they got 4th instead of the predicted 5th) with last, second, and third to last place ever since he has been here.

Everyone knew the twins could basically take over any team and make them an instant winner.

of which Feb, 2011

Last year in Idalski's third season the Sioux women were picked to finish third to last in the preseason WCHA poll. But actually finished in last place with a 4-16-2 record!

The year before that: third to last in the conference.

And before that: Second to last in the conference.

Not sure what the conference standings vs preseason polls have been since? 

Edited by Cratter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2015 at 0:33 AM, Cratter said:

I pointed out a few years ago 

http://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/15263-thought-hiring-idalski-was-a-bad-idea/

of which Feb, 2011

Not sure what the conference standings vs preseason polls have been since? 

And here we are years later...Where did the preseason polls say UND should finish? Third.

Where do they currently sit? 4th.

Bemidji State is currently better than UND.

Idalski have continually under performed and that's not just my opinion.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Cratter said:

And here we are years later...Where did the preseason polls say UND should finish? Third.

Where do they currently sit? 4th.

Bemidji State is currently better than UND.

Idalski have continually under performed and that's not just my opinion.

I think the program has hit a ceiling with Idalski. I don't think we'll do much better than third place in the league with him at the helm.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

So unless they make a run in the WCHA tourney and win it, is Idalski done?

Ask 'gfhockey' to see if it's on the %gobc agenda at the truck stop this week. 

If not, maybe 'gfhockey' can use his %gobc apprentice status to get it added. 

• Upvote 2