SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. BC - Dec. 3rd 2016. Madison Square Garden

AZSIOUX

NYC just does not appeal to me & I love visiting big cities grew up in Kansas City Mo & several cities in & around LosAngles Calif 

Only thing out that way that I'd like to see is Niagra Falls

7 hours ago, Fetch said:

NYC just does not appeal to me & I love visiting big cities grew up in Kansas City Mo & several cities in & around LosAngles Calif 

I've been there a few times. My biggest piece of advice if you ever go is to make sure you go to the Canadian side at Niagara Falls. It's a better view and MUCH, MUCH more clean and tourist friendly. So many restaurants and fun activity places to go to on that side. The US side is a complete garbage dump compared to the Canadian side. I never knew that until my last visit a couple of years ago.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 3:15 PM, keikla said:

Last time I went to NYC, I ran into Taye Diggs.  Literally.  He walked out of a store and right into me.

There are some perks to the city being overcrowded :)

Is "over"crowded more crowded than simply "crowded"?   : -)

• Upvote 1

I'm so so so SOOOO jealous of you all that are planning on going :( I think a trip with UND Hockey to the Big Apple, the Concrete Jungle where dreams are made of, will be an amazing experience. I have so many memories in NYC that it will always have a special place in my heart, and I WISH I could add UND v BC in the World's Most Famous Arena to that list :angry:  I'm heavily lobbying my friends and family to go in my place...like I'm sending my jersey and other Sioux gear to them. Hopefully they get the hint.

Also stay away from the Hotel Pennsylvania :lol::lol::lol:

22 minutes ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

Just remember you need to take a cab or hire a car from LaGuadia to Manhattan no subway service from that airport. 

The NYC Airporter is a great option. It departs from JFK, LaGuardia, and Newark and makes stops at Grand Central Station, Penn Station (MSG), and Port Authority Bus Terminal.

I've utilized the service twice during trips to NY and didn't have any issues. It's quite convenient, and you can save a few dollars by buying your tickets online (one-way or round trip).

I paid $26 round trip for LaGuardia/Grand Central Station

http://www.nycairporter.com/

14 minutes ago, MissSioux85 said:

The NYC Airporter is a great option. It departs from JFK, LaGuardia, and Newark and makes stops at Grand Central Station, Penn Station (MSG), and Port Authority Bus Terminal.

I've utilized the service twice during trips to NY and didn't have any issues. It's quite convenient, and you can save a few dollars by buying your tickets online (one-way or round trip).

I paid $26 round trip for LaGuardia/Grand Central Station

http://www.nycairporter.com/

I've used that as well.  Not the fastest option, but has wifi to pass the time.

On 3/1/2016 at 2:52 PM, Fetch said:

New York and Kansas City are about as different as cities can be, and LA is also unlike nearly all other urban areas in this country.   There is something for everyone in NYC, I think, if you have help from someone familiar with the City.   There's even a medieval cloister in Manhattan. 

Just stay away from the pure tourist traps like Times Square.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Todd Nelson said:

Anyone know who the presale will be open to?  Is it based on Champions Club points?

This is exactly what I want to find out. They say it will be offered to school constituents. I have an email into the UND ticket office for what constitutes a constituent.

12 hours ago, crb1 said:

This is exactly what I want to find out. They say it will be offered to school constituents. I have an email into the UND ticket office for what constitutes a constituent.

If it's not already, I believe that whatever constitutes a constituent should be written in the schools constitution!