SiouxSports.com Forum

NoiseInsideMyHead

https://sayanythingblog.com/entry/und-nickname-3/

A UND graduate from the class of 1980 who now works as an attorney in Texas says he plans to take legal action against the University of North Dakota over the institution’s upcoming vote on a new nickname.

Brotherton said his goal is to raise $50,000 to pursue the legal action

Nice money-grab by this slimeball.

Is the money to cover the costs he's going to get slapped with for a frivolous lawsuit?  And what happens if (when) he doesn't raise the $50K?

I can't see how he's going to stop this vote? I am not a lawyer, and maybe our lawyers can answer this question, but doesn't he need to have standing to sue UND?

Ok, good for you, but what does that change? Answer , nothing, he is representing Sioux people! Who are truly invested in this and are losing from this. So again, what you said he needs to make a case, he has. Yes maybe I mis-typed, but the point I made is still true. Hope he succeeds...

Ok, good for you, but what does that change? Answer , nothing, he is representing Sioux people! Who are truly invested in this and are losing from this. So again, what you said he needs to make a case, he has. Yes maybe I mis-typed, but the point I made is still true. Hope he succeeds...  

Well considering it was your main (first) argument on how/why he had standing, it seems somewhat important. And you didn't mis-type, you flat out presented incorrect information. Because of that, your first point on why he had standing most definitely is not still true. 

Since you seem to know quite a bit about this, could you expand and explain how being part of the Sioux tribe has anything to do with North Dakota not being on the ballot and gives people standing to sue the University of North Dakota?

• Upvote 2

Well I am glad we got that straightened out.

Well considering it was your main (first) argument on how/why he had standing, it seems somewhat important.  Since you seem to know quite a bit about this, could you expand on what being a Sioux has to do with North Dakota not being on the ballot?

That is a good question Jdub27. I am not sure how he has standing? What he going to sue UND on? Maybe one of our lawyers in the house can give us their legal analysis.

Well considering it was your main (first) argument on how/why he had standing, it seems somewhat important. And you didn't mis-type, you flat out presented incorrect information. Because of that, your first point on why he had standing most definitely is not still true. 

Since you seem to know quite a bit about this, could you expand and explain how being part of the Sioux tribe has anything to do with North Dakota not being on the ballot and gives people standing to sue the University of North Dakota?

Listen to the podcast and learn for yourslf. I would explain but you would just tell me I'm wrong and you know it best. Having ND on the ballot is the start of what they are doing. If a new name is selected, it would be more difficult for them to continue.

Flame away...

That is a good question Jdub27. I am not sure how he has standing? What he going to sue UND on? Maybe one of our lawyers in the house can give us their legal analysis.

Let me try again Goon, yes you're right....he is not Sioux. But the people he represents are. Now can you please stop asking how he has standing? I shouldn't have wrote that part, I thought he said that, I was wrong. He is the lawyer, and the people he represents are Sioux people. There is your standing. This was all hashed out on the radio by Ryan....good show, you should listen 

Let me try again Goon, yes you're right....he is not Sioux. But the people he represents are. Now can you please stop asking how he has standing? I shouldn't have wrote that part, I thought he said that, I was wrong. He is the lawyer, and the people he represents are Sioux people. There is your standing. This was all hashed out on the radio by Ryan....good show, you should listen 

He is so passionate about the cause that he wants others to pay his attorney's fees to represent the oppressed Sioux people in this fight for truth!  What a warrior.