SiouxSports.com Forum

NoiseInsideMyHead

The fargo forum didnt post it on SS.com in a couple threads. There are people contemplating Nodaks and to see your innocent post, that would never make them choose different because we might be portrayed as a hik with the logo. That's not what you were trying to do at all was it?

Lol, ok, I'm sorry. Your intentions were to just fill us with info. my bad...lol.

You mean, kind of like Schlossman's disingenuous information about Teddy Rooosevelt.  Remember when reporter's were supposed to report the news?

Funny how Schloss has no problem with RRHS having the extremely offensive Roughrider nickname!!  

I'm not sure that he needs to have an opinion on that nickname.   I don't believe his point was that Roughriders was offensive and shouldn't be chosen.  I believe his point was that UND has just undergone a very long and painful process to transition away from Fighting Sioux to another nickname, and would it be the wisest to transition to a nickname that the same groups might decide to protest again?     I think his point was that he didn't think that was the best course for UND, not that the nickname itself was offensive.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure that he needs to have an opinion on that nickname.   I don't believe his point was that Roughriders was offensive and shouldn't be chosen.  I believe his point was that UND has just undergone a very long and painful process to transition away from Fighting Sioux to another nickname, and would it be the wisest to transition to a nickname that the same groups might decide to protest again?     I think his point was that he didn't think that was the best course for UND, not that the nickname itself was offensive.

I'm not buying that he was just doing what was best for the University.  North Dakotans can just as easily protest NoDaks as a slur.  Don't you think that they would begin by protesting the RoughRider award, or a National Park honoring him?  The fact you have heard none of this and the fact that he was promoting his own choice, shows he was acting on his own, not for the benefit of the University.  Nevermind the fact that Roughriders is open ended, you can tie it to TR or not. 

Edited by tnt
  • Upvote 1

What's a Nodak? The Fargo Forum tipped their hand Sunday. 

So are we bibs wearin' hicks? 

1018a.jpg

Oddly enough the only bold letters front and center. 

Subliminal message?

That guy in the Roughriders stuff looks pretty sweet.

Edited by Cratter

Funny how Schloss has no problem with RRHS having the extremely offensive Roughrider nickname!!  

on brads blog I told him to send over a reporter to RRHS and ask around to find someone offended (shouldn't be that hard)...once this nickname thing at und is done maybe they will start stiring the pot over there...

on brads blog I told him to send over a reporter to RRHS and ask around to find someone offended (shouldn't be that hard)...once this nickname thing at und is done maybe they will start stiring the pot over there...

I'm sure he will get right on it. :wink:

Schloss just tweeted this about him interviewing the hockey players and coaches about their preferred name:

"just doing my job asking a question many readers were curious to hear the answer"

Yep, and just in time to make sure all hockey fans know exactly how the players/coaches they love are going to vote.  That wasn't meant to persuade anybody, right? 

• Upvote 1

What's a Nodak? The Fargo Forum tipped their hand Sunday. 

So are we bibs wearin' hicks? 

1018a.jpg

So I guess the Sundog name changed spelling to Dawg? Are we like the Cleveland Browns and have the Dawg Pound.  I like the Fighting Hawk and the RR characters.

To bad that Berry and the boys didn't say they were voting for Rough Riders.....then Schloss would be a hero!

That wouldn't have happened because it would not have allowed their continued use of the Sioux name.  Nodaks streamlines the process for them to easily ignore "Nodaks".  

• Upvote 2

To bad that Berry and the boys didn't say they were voting for Rough Riders.....then Schloss would be a hero!

exactly.  it's amazing how some roughrider supporters will spin anything and everything to fit their agenda.   Schloss gave a direct quote of teddy Roosevelt, yet some are getting all upset because they apparently can't handle the truth.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/education/3864349-und-nickname-vote-bumpy-start-some

Talk about stretching to find a storyline - 100 issues on the first day with 82000 potential voters is .0001% - that is considered a bumpy start by the Herald - I wonder if they hold themselves to the same standard? I can just hear the editor admonishing the reporter to "Find an angle"...and geez if you didn't take the time to confirm your email address in advance I have no sympathy for you there was plenty of time and plenty of information shared on how to make sure you were going to get to vote. It's just idiotic for someone to go on record in a newspaper complaining that not getting the email was UNDs fault. 

• Upvote 1

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/education/3864349-und-nickname-vote-bumpy-start-some

Talk about stretching to find a storyline - 100 issues on the first day with 82000 potential voters is .0001% - that is considered a bumpy start by the Herald - I wonder if they hold themselves to the same standard? I can just hear the editor admonishing the reporter to "Find an angle"...and geez if you didn't take the time to confirm your email address in advance I have no sympathy for you there was plenty of time and plenty of information shared on how to make sure you were going to get to vote. It's just idiotic for someone to go on record in a newspaper complaining that not getting the email was UNDs fault. 

wow, thank god!

"Smith said he had heard of people with two separate email addresses in the system getting two links with which to vote."

Now I can sleep tonight! These people started this rumor, and it wasn't me!

Now the cops on the beat 82siouxguy, and cratter can back off me. I need to make sure what I talk about is absolutely fact on this anonymously written pages of info.

• Upvote 1

Apparently the Herald only got one person to complain to them about the voting process.  Looks to me like she didn't update her email with the Alumni Association and is trying to push the blame on everyone else.

• Upvote 1

Apparently the Herald only got one person to complain to them about the voting process.  Looks to me like she didn't update her email with the Alumni Association and is trying to push the blame on everyone else.

This is another good example of why I don't miss my Herald subscription.   Sadly both my family and I do from time to time utilize their website...although I usually feel disgusted with myself for giving them that all important -click-.

• Upvote 1