SiouxSports.com Forum

I still can't

Fetch

Sorry but this version of the software is horrendous, from virtually not being able to delete previous quotes to not being able to edit saves....not to mention copy pasted links only show up as http something unclickable.

On mobile android phone and fire tablet.

21 hours ago, Cratter said:

Sorry but this version of the software is horrendous, from virtually not being able to delete previous quotes to not being able to edit saves....not to mention copy pasted links only show up as http something unclickable.

On mobile android phone and fire tablet.

Wow, that's quite a list. Sorry to hear you're having so many problems!

If a quote box is selected (if not, click the title portion of it) hitting delete works on all the platforms I have access to, but it doesn't include those you mentioned (though those are quite common, so it's hard to believe they're not tested). In the rare occasion that doesn't work, you can always still toggle to the "Source" view and just wipe out the text and the markup.

Pasted links don't turn into something clickable until you actually post. It causes problems with the editing to make them live while in editing mode. You might also be running into an issue related to its attempts to smartly expand links--e.g. a link to youtube gets converted to an embedded video instead of left as a link.

Not familiar with can't edit problem... is this immediately after posting? We have a time limit set where you can't edit posts after they've posted for a while because at that point they've become part of the conversation and modifying them disturbs that.

I'm not sure what's with the saving of edits. I try my tablet and phone...and both have issues. Sometimes ill reload the page and it'll work. Sometimes ill reload the browser and it'll work. Sometime neither correct it. I click the save button. And it does say "saving" instead nothing happens.

Edit: yes it's immediAtely after posting. I guess that solves that.

5 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Do you know where the source view is? I don't see it.

In the little toolbar for the editor window (top of the message editing window) there is a button labeled "Source" in the upper left. It should be there on all screen sizes/resolutions. That toggles you from WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) mode to html/bbcode (shows you the markup). 

2 minutes ago, jimdahl said:

In the little toolbar for the editor window (top of the message editing window) there is a button labeled "Source" in the upper left. It should be there on all screen sizes/resolutions. That toggles you from WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) mode to html/bbcode (shows you the markup). 

Are you sure it's there in android?

6 minutes ago, Cratter said:

B I u $ (hyperlink), quote, code box symbol, smilies, bullets, numbers, left middle right align, text color, text size, and a preview button is all that's on that toolbar.

Hmm.... maybe I just see it because I'm a moderator. Well, there goes that idea. I'll do some more digging with the vendor on the edit issues.

Again, Android is so prevalent that it's hard to believe it's a general Android issue.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, jimdahl said:

Hmm.... maybe I just see it because I'm a moderator. Well, there goes that idea. I'll do some more digging with the vendor on the edit issues.

Again, Android is so prevalent that it's hard to believe it's a general Android issue.

It's my phone and tablet....also same issue Dakotadan had when he mentioned it on page 2 of "Forum Software Update."

He told me his workaround with the issue which I hadn't thought of....post the quote them immediately delete it which finally gets it out of the reply box.

• 1 month later...

When I try to quote a post, I click the Quote option and the text box opens at the bottom of the page, however the previous post does not show.  Also, if I try to quote multiple posts, I'll click the + sign and it adds them to the "Quote 2 posts" box at the bottom right of the page, and when I click that it opens the text box with nothing in it.

If I then go to another forum, topic, etc. and go to type, when I click the text box the "Quote 2 posts" option shows up again in the bottom, but the posts do not.

Any ideas?

Thanks

On September 8, 2016 at 10:23 AM, Ray77 said:

PC

Windows

Microsoft Edge (I just tested and appears that it works in Internet Explorer)

It seems to be an issue with the W10 Anniversary Update's version of Edge and the CKEditor (third party editor the forum uses):

https://invisionpower.com/4bugtrack/active-reports/41132-edge-wont-quote-a-post-r12195/

Because it involves a third party component, I'm guessing it will take slightly longer than usual for the vendor to fix it.