Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
geaux_sioux

Non-UND FCS Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Texas rancher said:

Your coach may want to take notes on how to properly discipline, or is that the ad’s job up there?

The team down south may have a cultural problem on the 3 deep.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Texas rancher said:

And and and and you guys last weekend!  I'm well aware who has won the NCAA hockey tournament for the last 3.5 years, as I have watched every one since I was 7 years old.

FYP.:p

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

The Griz have a new coach

Well, it is their old coach

Who says you can't go home again?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Hauck (asshole Ag school trolls have already struck this page you may notice)

He did well at Montana from 2003 - 2009 (80-17).

He did very poor at UNLV from 2010 - 2014 (15-49).

We'll see how round 2 goes at Montana. More than enough resources available to excel. 

It sounds like a few boosters made this move happen, like the Mussman to Schweigert move of 2013 for UND. 

Hauck and the Montana Grizzlies will be in Grand Forks to play Bubba and the UND Fighting Hawks on October 13, 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Hauck (asshole Ag school trolls have already struck this page you may notice)

He did well at Montana from 2003 - 2009 (80-17).

He did very poor at UNLV from 2010 - 2014 (15-49).

We'll see how round 2 goes at Montana. More than enough resources available to excel. 

It sounds like a few boosters made this move happen, like the Mussman to Schweigert move of 2013 for UND. 

Hauck and the Montana Grizzlies will be in Grand Forks to play Bubba and the UND Fighting Hawks on October 13, 2018.

Here's to Bubba finally beating Montana............hopefully.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

The Griz have a new coach

Well, it is their old coach

Who says you can't go home again?

What took them so long?? 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Not exactly breaking the bank, at least with his base salary. Would/will be interesting to see what the incentives are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

 

Not exactly breaking the bank, at least with his base salary. Would/will be interesting to see what the incentives are.

I think I read somewhere in the past week that Stitt's contract if he hit every incentive in the contract he would get 365k.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Is the NDSU game not on TV?

It's on. Preventing me from watching golf!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fast start by the Bison.  My wife just informed me that if this keeps up I will be able to scoop dog !@#$ in the back yard at the half.  We are getting the first major snow dump in Wyoming tomorrow.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2017 at 2:59 PM, geaux_sioux said:

NDSU just used some stupid formation where they have a qb in shotgun surrounded by two RBs and a FB. Stick ran for a long TD. 

I think that is the vaunted Diamond formation.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bison73 said:

I think that is the vaunted Diamond formation.  :)

Call it what you want........would still go over Rudy's head. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Nielson heading to FBS?

Offered Kent State Job

Heard that also, can't find anything to verify the offer yet. With Stevlor gone, I'd think he be gone, especially with the bigger $ that follow. 

Just found a piece of gossip.

Footballscoop.com

Kent State: Sources tell us that primary target Bob Nielson, the head coach at the University of South Dakota, has been offered the job. We’re told it is not a done deal at this time. Nielson led USD to an 8-5 record this year, losing in the FCS playoffs to Sam Houston State in the second round. Nielson has been at South Dakota since 2016, and prior to that was at Western Illinois (16-21 overall), and was very successful at Minnesota Duluth (100-26 overall with two perfect 15-0 national title seasons) from 1999-2012.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Current AD at Kent State is Joel Nielsen, who was AD when the D1 transition began at SD. 

Bob Nielson is 58, probably last move in career or stays in SD with new contract and raise to keep him. He's getting about $1/4M in SD and Kent State was paying just under $.6M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So footballscoop says the Kent St job has been offered to Bob Nielson of USD.  Kent Nielsen is the AD at Kent St, who was at USD through its transition.  Nelson won't have Strevelor any more, so they could go way down in performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

So footballscoop says the Kent St job has been offered to Bob Nielson of USD.  Kent Nielsen is the AD at Kent St, who was at USD through its transition.  Nelson won't have Strevelor any more, so they could go way down in performance.

A little late to the party

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...